Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Pokemon Emerald - Of Magma and Aqua
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Pokemon Emerald - Of Magma and Aqua
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
[Image: TQY4J9r.png]

Hello and welcome to Of Magma and Aqua, a Pokemon Emerald playthrough with a difference.

The characters will be members of Team Magma (@ninJAS) and Team Aqua (@Legacy) and while the two of us play through the game we will also be writing out our own story to fit alongside the story of the game.

The story begins in the tranquil little town of Littleroot. The town itself really is quite small, with only a few houses and a Pokemon Laboratory for new trainers to visit and receive their first Pokemon. It's in this town that a young man and a young woman would begin their own journeys through the Hoenn region, each taking very different steps and routes to achieve their amibitions, unaware that their choices will turn their lives upside down...
ninJAS
The Phoenix of Bariura Rises!

PokéDollars: ₪515.38
Registered
08-09-2013, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013, 08:52 AM by ninJAS.)
[Image: edG4voA.png?dateline=1375910609]

Where in the world....

Marisa looks around at her surroundings to try and figure out where she is. The entire area is filled with a dense smog making difficult to see anything more than 20 feet in any direction. She continues to survey the area trying to make sure she doesn't overlook any key details. After being unable to spot anything of importance other than a sizable boulder about 15 ft to her right she turns around only to spot a very large creature towering over her. Taken aback by the unknown creature that now stood before her Marsia steps back and ducks behind the nearby rock though keeping her eyes on the blurred figure the entire time. It didn't move at all nor did it even seem aware of her existence; however, just as she was about to walk back towards it the creature let out a earth shaking Roar and began to glow bright white! Suddenly a huge pillar of the same bright white light shot into the air piercing through the dense smog. A few moments later and the smog had completely vanished along with the creature.....instead the only thing that remained were the sun's extremely intense rays which beat down on the surrounding area mercilessly. The rays were so strong that within seconds a nearby pool of water had all but dried up and even the grass surrounding it has started to wither.

"What on Earth could cause this to happen?"Marsia thought to herself as the landscape continued to change. Soon the bright white light returned and the entire area became so illuminated Marsia couldn't see anything at all but white...she could however hear a faint yet very familiar noise. Suddenly she open her eyes to find herself laying in her bedroom! The noise she had heard was the crying of a tiny Wingull just outside of her bedroom window.

She reluctantly crawls out of bed, stretches, then shoos away the pesky little bird. "Was that all really a dream?" she thought to herself as she got dressed and headed downstairs to the kitchen to find something to eat. Once she got down stairs she found an apple and began eating it when she realized that today is the day her and Alex were supposed to be getting their first Pokemon!

"ALEX!!! You had better get out of bed right now! We have to go get our Pokemon today remember?" She quickly gathered her things and waited outside for her brother to follow. As she waits she can't help but wonder what each of their first Pokemon will be.

(sorry for the horrible intro Dx I always do bad starting out ;_; )

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013, 08:53 AM by Legacy.)
[Image: dk6o4vH.png]

"ALEX!!! You had better get out of bed right now! We have to go get our Pokemon today remember?"

Alex's eyes shot open immediately. How had he slept in this late? He'd been waiting nearly two years for this; he was finally going to collect his first Pokemon and set out on his adventure with his sister. At the age of 18 he was 2 years older than his sister Marsia. It was family tradition that each member of the family would wait until they were 16 before they started training, so as to ensure they were more mature and made better decisions than most ten year old trainers would. Alex however decided to wait another two years so that he could set off with Marsia. Now of course she was the first one up, which was hardly surprising but was somewhat irritating considering how long he'd waited for this day.

He quickly pulled himself out of his bed and began getting dressed, pulling on his jeans, black boots, black sleeveless top and finally grabbing his gloves and long white coat, before heading down the stairs. By the time he'd reached the bottom he'd put both gloves on and was slipping his right arm into the coat. "No time for breakfast, we'll eat on the way. Get yer things together and then we're off." Alex called out as he put his left arm into the coat and straightened himself out, only to realise Marsia had already left the house and was waiting outside.

With that realisation, he headed out the door and into the lush green town of Littleroot. Of course today he wasn't going to take in the beautiful rays of sun, the luscious green trees and the sounds of Taillow and Wingull flying around. No, today he headed straight to Professor Birch's laboratory with a smile on his face. A few people poked their heads out of the window, more than aware of the family tradition and of the wait Alex had taken up, and all smiling as they watched the two teenagers head to the laboratory; two teenagers they'd known since the days they were born.
ninJAS

Registered
08-09-2013, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013, 09:15 AM by ninJAS.)

"Well it is about time Alex! I can't believe you of all people are late for today. You even waited two extra years to get your Pokemon..." Marsia exclaimed as her brother finally emerged from their home.

The duo quickly made their way towards the town's Pokemon Laboratory where Professor Birch had told them he would be waiting for them to obtain their Pokemon. The day couldn't be any more beautiful and did nothing but add to the joy in both of there hearts. The sun was shining bright, not a cloud in the sky, Wingull and Taillow are flying around calling to one another and playing in the light breeze, and the best part is Marsia gets to stat off on her journey with the best friend she has ever had since the day she was born.....a perfect day indeed.

Unfortunately, as the brother and sister finally reached their destination and entered in they found that the Professor wasn't there! His assistant lucky knew where he had gone and directed the both of them towards Route 101, which was just outside of Littleroot, where he had gone to obtain data on a few wild Pokemon since the two of them were so late. The quickly left to try and find the Professor before he decided to not give them a Pokemon at all!

"Crud......Alex you don't think Birch will be mad at us enough to not give us our Pokemon now do you?" Marsia asked Alex as she began rubbing her hands together, which she always does when she gets nervous, while they walk toward the edge of town. A few of the residents stop Alex and Marsia from going up Route 101 because they haven't received any Pokemon yet and only people with Pokemon are allowed outside of town.

Come on guys we are already late enough as it is! We have to go find the Professor before we get out Pokemon and his assistant said he is just a little ways up the route....can't you make an exception just this once?" She said with an ever growing look of sadness coming across her face...would they really not be able to get their Pokemon today after all?

Before the other residents could respond to her request another voice interrupted the conversation. "H-help me!"

"Oh my gosh! That sounds like Professor Birch!". The brother and sister look to each other and bolt past the other residents standing about and begin going full force down the Route to find and help the Professor!

Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
08-09-2013, 12:47 PM

"H-help me!"

That was a cry of despair if he ever heard one. Alex didn't even need to look at Marsia to know she'd be headed the same direction he was; straight towards the sound of the voice. It was Professor Birch without a doubt and, as the siblings got closer, this was confirmed. Professor Birch was pinned to a nearby tree by a pair of Zigzagoon. A few meters away was his bag, assumingly where his Pokeballs were. Needless to say that Alex immediately went for the bag and grabbed a Pokeball, throwing another to his sister. "You take the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right. We'll have each others backs if we need it." he said coolly, before stepping forward with the pokeball in his hand. "Alright let's go!" The Pokeball was launched from his hand and out burst a white sea-lion Pokemon; Seel.

"Seel, use Headbutt on that Zigzagoon!"
The Seel was admittedly perplexed at the sudden orders given to it, but it attacked nonetheless, launching itself towards the racoon-like Pokemon and hitting hit on its side, sending it a few feet away from the Professor. The Zigzagoon was shocked and flinched from the attack. A perfect chance. The Seel rushed forwards again, launching a second Headbutt and sending the Zigzagoon even further back. The Zigzagoon hit the floor harder this time and stopped moving momentarily. After a few seconds it staggered to its feet and fled into the tall grass in defeat.

A sigh of relief left Alex's lips before he returned the Seel into the pokeball and turned to see how his sister was doing.
ninJAS

Registered
08-10-2013, 12:29 AM

Marsia caught the Pokéball that Alex had thrown to her with ease. "Come on out!" she said quickly and released the Pokemon that was held inside which turned out to be the live coal Pokemon, Magby.

"Magby lets light that Zigzagoon up! Hit it with an Ember attack!"

The tiny fire type didn't waste anytime launching its attack even though it had never seen Marsia before in its life. The Magby closed its eyes and took in a deep breath, it then slowly exhaled until a small ball of fire had formed in its mouth. At last it reopened its eye and spit the fireball towards the leftmost Zigzagoon. The Ember attack made solid contact and heavily damage the raccoon Pokemon...but it wasn't going down without a fight! The Zigzagoon rushes towards Magby and hits it solid with a Tackle attack which knocks the fire type to the ground. Magby jumps back up quickly and blows a small puff of smoke out of its mouth in frustration. "Come on Magby one more Ember!" The Magby looked up at the girl barking orders to it and smirked slightly as she was more than happy to oblige the command. Once again a small ball of fire was shot from its mouth and made direct contact with the Zigzagoon who quickly ran away with its tail tucked between its legs in defeat.

"Way to go Magby, you were amazing!" Marcia beams towards the tiny Pokemon before calling it back to its Pokeball. She now looks over to her brother with a big smile across her face. She now knew how much fun having Pokemon could be first hand!

The duo make their way to the tree where Professor Birch was collecting his things that he dropped when he was ambushed. "Are you alright Professor Birch?" Marcia asked as her beaming smile quickly faded into a look of concern.

Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
08-10-2013, 07:37 AM

Professor Birch got to his feet and brushed himself off before he looked up at the two young trainers. "I'm fine thank you. But...that was incredible. Those Pokemon had no idea who you were and yet you were able to command them as if you'd had them all your lives. It's been a long time since I've seen a connection like that, not sin-" The Professor suddenly realised he was rambling and cut himself short. "I apologise. At any rate, I'd like you to keep hold of those two Pokemon. You've shown potential already as trainers and, having battled with them, Seel and Magby have now gained a small amount of experience and have seemingly accepted you as their trainer's."

Alex grinned, looking down at the Pokeball in his hand. After waiting for a total of 8 years longer than most he finally had a Pokemon to call his own. He looked up at his sister, the grin never leaving his face. "I'd advise that both of you head towards Rustboro City for the first Gym Badge. OH!" The Professor suddenly dove into his bag and, after a few seconds of scrambling around the contents, pulled out two rectangular items roughly the size of his hand. "Take these with you. They are Pokedex, a sort of high-tech encyclopedia for Pokemon. It'll be useful to help you find certain Pokemon during your journey. If you could try to fill it up with all details about each Pokemon then it would really help in my research." Birch handed a the blue one to Marsia and the red one to Alex. "Well then...good luck." The professor left in a cheery manner, leaving Alex and Marsia to prepare for their journeys.

On the ground where the Professor's bag had been was a smaller disposable bag. Alex walked over and opened it to find it was filled with 10 empty Pokeballs. Alex took 5 and handed the other five to Marsia. "You'll need these. I'll show you how to catch Pokemon later...but now we should go out and get training!" he exclaimed excitedly, before cramming the empty bag into his pocket and running towards the next town; Oldale.

Current Team

[Image: 086.gif]- Seel - Female
-Headbutt
ninJAS

Registered
08-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Marcia could hardly believe her ears when the Professor said she could keep the Magby she had just battled with! She happily accepted the PokéDex from Birch as well as the Pokeballs from her brother with a big smile growing ever larger on her face. Everything was happening much faster than she ever imagined and she could hardly believe that her journey and new life had just begun.

Alex quickly took off running towards Oldale Town full of excitement to start training his newly obtained Seel. Marcia was somewhat surprised that he just ran off and left her but Alex did wait an extra 2 years before getting his Pokemon just so the two of them could travel together so he is probably more than eager to get started. Marcia put the extra Pokeballs in her bag and hurriedly chased after her brother in hope of catching him before they reached Oldale....unfortunately a wild Wurmple had other things in mind as it hoped from the tall grass directly in her path.

Wild Pokemon Encounter

[Image: 265.gif]

VS

[Image: 240.gif]

"OH! I'm guessing you aren't letting me through without a fight huh?" Marcia said towards the Wurple though she was sure she would not get a response. She then pulled Magby's pokeball out and threw it towards the ground just in front of the tiny worm Pokemon. "Magby you're up!" The fire type emerged from her pokeball ready for a fight...she was not as enthused once she saw her opponent for herself however and let out a slight puff of smoke with a sigh showing her lack of interest in the worm. "Hit it with an Ember!" Magby quickly shot a ball of fire at the Wurmple and managed to land a solid OHKO leaving the worm dazed on the ground....poor little thing. Marcia looked up to find that Alex was nowhere in sight now. "Crap....gotta hurry and catch up." she spoke aloud as she began pursuing her brother once again after deciding not to try and catch the wild Wurmple.

A few minutes later she made here way to Oldale and headed towards the town's PokeCenter which is where Alex most likely would be.

Current Team

[Image: 240.gif]- Magby - Female
-Ember

Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
08-12-2013, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM by Legacy.)

The excitement was intense. Alex had rushed off to Oldale and around the corner, completely unaware that his sister had just had her first battle against a wild Pokemon. Nonetheless he soon realised he'd rushed ahead and looked back to see Marsia running after him. "Heh...sorry. I'm just buzzing about this. I've been waiting for so long." As Alex went to turn around again he felt a breeze against his ear. Not a cool daytime breeze but a haunting, chilled breeze. As his head turned completely he found himself face to face with a Shuppet. On gut instinct he gripped Seel's Pokeball and released his new partner, before realising he had absolutely nothing to deal damage yet.

[Image: 086.png]

VS

[Image: 353.png]

Gripping an empty Pokeball tight, all Alex could do was hope he caught the Shuppet as he threw the Pokeball through the air. The ball sucked in the puppet Pokemon and fell to the ground, unmoving for a couple of seconds before beginning to shake. Once. Twice. Click!

"...I can't believe that actually worked out..." he muttered as he picked up the Pokeball containing his new Pokemon. He turned his attention back to Marsia. "You're supposed to weaken your target to make them easier to catch, but from time to time you might get lucky...like I just did hehe..."

"So, where should we go? Do you want to head straight for Petalburg City and onto Rustboro?"

Current Team
[Image: 086MS.png] - Seel - Female
- Headbutt

[Image: 353.png] - Shuppet - Female
- Knock Off
ninJAS

Registered
08-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Marcia just witnessed her big brother's first wild Pokemon encounter and even though she should have been excited for him she was more upset that he now had more Pokemon than her than anything!

"Thanks for the advice Alex...I'll have to keep that in mind for when I decide to try and catch another Pokemon myself." She said to her brother as she was already trying to ponder what types of Pokemon she would run into in the days to come.

"So, where should we go? Do you want to head straight for Petalburg City and onto Rustboro?"

Her track of mind was immediately brought back to here and now rather than the future as she thought about the question for a moment. "Sounds like a plan to me. After all I'm going to be getting my first gym badge before you anyway haha!" Marcia said with a smirk and very determined look on her face. No sooner had she turned around than a young boy came running up to them from the tall grass.

"Hey! You two are trainers right? One of you hurry up and battle my new Pokemon!"

No sooner had the words left his mouth and he had already threw out his pokeball holding the small dog Pokemon, Poochyena. Marcia looked to her brother and before he had time to react released Magby from her pokeball to fight.

"Looks like this battle is mine brother. Sit back, watch, and who knows...you might actually learn something." She smirked widely again as the battle began.

Trainer Battle

[Image: 261.gif]

VS

[Image: 240.gif]

"Ok Magby light this pup up with a full power Ember!" Magby was more than willing to follow her trainers orders and with all her might built up a rather impressive looking ball of fire. Before the Poochyena or its trainer could even react the ball of fire was launched from Magby's mouth and hit the small dog head on resulting in a critical hit OHKOing it on the spot!

"......well crud"

"Woo! Now that is how it is done Alex!" Marcia taunted to her brother and she bragged to Magby for a job well done and returned her to her pokeball.

Current Team

[Image: 240.gif]- Magby - Female
-Ember

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 1x1 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP, anyone? hotchocolat 16 1,099 04-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Last Post by hotchocolat
  Wild Pokemon Roleplay: Abundant Shrine mshul 4 1,501 01-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Last Post by LadyOkamia
  [Sign-ups Open]Pokemon: League Masters: Birth of a New Darkness Kid 0 622 08-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Last Post by Kid
  Heroes of the Pokemon World ( Revival Request ) Fennekin_Fireninja653 2 631 07-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Last Post by Fennekin_Fireninja653