Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Pokemon Yellow Contest
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Pokemon Yellow Contest
CyChill
Games Designer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-16-2013, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 08:15 AM by CyChill.)
I am now accepting entries for the Pokémon Yellow LP related contest thing. I don't know I wasn't meant to write this thread. This a collaboration between PokeSun and the channel, because we can.

POKEMON BATTLE TOURNAMENT

If you wish to sign up for the tournament, please, send all names to @UnGravitify
@Legacy has offered to help out with this as a referee, and he has also nominated @ninJAS to assist too.

The winner of the tournament gets a Pokémon, as does the runner up, and also the two losing semi-finalists.

Entrants:

- smoakdragon
- ChaosMasterMartin
- Cooler66
- Fenniken25
- tylerg1011

The tournament will use Generation 1 Pokémon and their evolutions ONLY. So yes, you can run around with Rhyperior if you want. Tongue There is no restriction on moves, it's just to see who can master the original 151, with the added bonus of being able to use any cross-generational relatives.

For reference, those Pokémon are as follows:

Crobat
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Bellossom
Politoed
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Steelix
Scizor
Kingdra
Porygon2
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Blissey
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Munchlax
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Tangrowth
Electivire
Magmortar
Leafeon
Glaceon
Porygon-Z
Sylveon

Furthermore, no Mega Pokémon, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew or Mewtwo!

QUIZ

There will also be a quiz, which is free to enter and will not require signing up, just come and join in. The two users with the top two scores will be given a Pokémon each. The quiz will last until Christmas Day.

For the quiz, simply PM me with your answer, and you'll get a score based on that, which will all be revealed, along with answers, on the final day. It's one question per day. You can only submit one answer per question and not change it!

The first two questions will be based on events within the LP, while the remaining 5 will be some tough Pokémon Trivia!

[Image: competiton_zps42ca7025.png]

Now, the catch is this. These Pokémon are available to receive in your copy of X or Y. These are hand raised by myself, all resembling Pokémon I will use in my Yellow LP. They come at Lv 45 each, with moves only available to them in Generation 1, so no moves like Frost Breath.

If you do not own X or Y yet, then your Pokémon may be held at your request until such time. Tongue

The tournament sign-ups will last until Christmas Day, and the quiz will begin Wednesday 18th December 2013, with a question being given it's own thread.

Good luck to all who enter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KqDVNowKU

Design, Create, Innovate
smoakdragon
slightly confused cinnamon bun

PokéDollars: ₪1,264.39
Veterans
12-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Okay, I'm interested, how exactly does this work? Or do we get to learn that once we sign up? Also, when does the contest start?

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
12-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Well, one would assume I decide how the tournament is set up once we get all applicants in, for obvious reasons, at which point I randomly mash you into matches and you go at it until the end over a period of time. I imagine, due to the nature of it, the tournament would start....well, December 27th I guess.

The quiz has a question per day, and you reply with your answer in the thread, and you get points depending on how close your answer is the actual one, usually out of 3 points or so. The answers will all be revealed at Christmas Day.

Design, Create, Innovate
smoakdragon

Veterans
12-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting. By matches, do you mean Pokemon Battles? Or quiz questions? Sorry I seem so lost about this. Tongue

Porkchop
King of Pigville

PokéDollars: ₪13.28
Registered
12-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Do we need x or y to sign up? I don't have a 3ds or the games as of right now so...

YouTube
[Image: link_signature_by_wiancar-d35nc38.png]
If you wanna play Animal Crossing or something else with me, hit me with a message!
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
12-16-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 08:58 PM by CyChill.)
Matches = Battles yes.

The rules of the tournament will again be decided once I get a full list of applicants on Christmas Day.

Nope, no X or Y required, because battles will be held on a simulator, and your Pokémon may be held until you do own X or Y.

@smoakdragon and @ChaosMasterMartin

Design, Create, Innovate
Porkchop
King of Pigville

PokéDollars: ₪13.28
Registered
12-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Alright and is the simulator showdown? If it is you can count me in.

YouTube
[Image: link_signature_by_wiancar-d35nc38.png]
If you wanna play Animal Crossing or something else with me, hit me with a message!
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
12-16-2013, 09:03 PM
I would assume so, yes.

Design, Create, Innovate
smoakdragon

Veterans
12-16-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm in as well! ^^

CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
12-16-2013, 09:09 PM
@smoakdragon and @ChaosMasterMartin Added to the list.

Design, Create, Innovate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LF any Pokemon ( including yveltal ) Fennekin_Fireninja653 10 1,631 07-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Last Post by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯
  Pokemon Dream Trade Thread Bloom 2 870 07-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Last Post by xKiYoMiNaTiONx
  Shop: DiamondD's Pokemon Shop.. DiamondD 1 748 04-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  Male Charmander? Pokemon XY StrawberryG 15 2,365 01-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Last Post by StrawberryG