Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Power Trick Aegislash?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Power Trick Aegislash?
TriXzeL
~(2eaper~

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 03:37 PM by TriXzeL.)
Ok guys so this will be my first look competitively at a Pokemon from the 6th Gen. Now, I like to think of myself as a competitive player but I know deep down that I am pretty awful. Tongue But please stay with me o n this.

First off, Aegislash is an absolute OP Pokemon and for many reasons. First off is his wonderful ability Stance Change.

Stance Change: The Pokemon changes form depending on how it battles.

Now this can be a huge advantage or it can be your greatest weakness.

So stat wise:
Base Form
Hp attack Def Sp.att Sp.def Speed
60 50 150 50 150 60

Blade Form
60 150 50 150 50 60

Now as you can see, Aegislash can be a mixed wall or a mixed attacker.

As movesets go, the most common I have seen are:

Aegislash @ Life Orb/Shell Bell
Trait: Stance Change
EV's: 252 Atk/128 Def/128 SpDef
Nature: Adamant (+Atk/-SpAtk)

Swords Dance
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword

~or~

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Autotomize
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw/Sacred Sword

Now both of these sets are pretty good and straightforward but there is one problem that I have with set 2. Automize seems like a great idea to make this pokemon a speed fiend but if you look back at his base speed stat, 60 isn't all that great. Taking that into thought, here is a set that I thought would be great for him.

Aegislash@ Eviolite
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Mild
EV: 6 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Sp.att
-Power Trick
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon

Now I know that this looks like a crazy set to have on a Aegislash but I shall explain everything.

Held Item: As we all know, Eviolite raises both Def and Sp. Def by 50%. now that is huge, especially on a Pokemon with these kind of base stats.

Nature: I chose Mild to complement the strategy behind the moves so I will explain more about this when I explain the strat.

Ev's: " "

Strategy: Ok, so now to dive right into this moveset.

The first move I chose was Power Trick. This is a very infamous move for shuckle and Aegislash can pull this off as well. When the battle starts, Aegislash starts off in "Shield form" so his base stats lean more towards his defense so Power Trick would be useless here. BUT! Once changed to "Sword form", his stats will lean more towards his Attack and Sp. Attack which is where the Ev's and Nature comes in. The nature will allow his Sp. Att to grow exponentially while just lowering his Def. The Ev's will raise the Attack for Power Trick and Sp. Attack which our main stat here.

So, looking at base stat wise so far with our strat so far...............

Blade Form
60 50 150 150 50 60

And with the Ev's you are looking at somewhere around here stat wise........

Blade Form
260~ 150~ 380~ 425~ 170~ 190~

Now that is just a guess stat wise but as you can see, the two Special moves don't need to be explained. Both stab with high Sp. Attack. Kings shield however is mainly there to hinder your opponents Physically bulky pokemon almost Useless.

Thank you for reading through this and hopefully this could be a viable set Big Grin

leave your thoughts and Ill further revise this.

EDIT:

Aegislash@ Leftovers
Nature: Mild
EV: 6 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Sp.att
-Power Trick
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon

[Image: fegrjd.png]Credit to Zueq for the awesome sign.

[Image: HydreigonSLicky.gif] Hydreigon Rap
Lick

FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
'Ey mate. I'm pretty sure that Eviolite still only works for Pokemon that have yet to evolve/can evolve. So, in theory this would be nice, but it wouldn't happen. Either way, here's how I run my Aegislash~

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 126 Def / 126 SDef / 4 HP
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

It's a standard set, but I used Gyro Ball as a Fairy check that my team wouldn't otherwise have. Since it worry from both physical Ground moves and special Ghost, Dark, and Fire types, I put EVs in both defensive stats, rather than just Sp. Defense. However, the other sets that you mentioned are just as viable.

In my opinion, Power Trick isn't that great, for Aegislash or even just in general. It already has Stance Change, and that gives you a huge advantage over the enemy because you can set up without having to worry too much. Then, once you've set up, you can use Shadow Sneak to wipe out anything with low defensive stats. If you ever want to go back to Shield Forme, you can just use King's Shield and start setting up again.

Aegislash is a monster, though.

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/7yWZOgj.png[/img]
Thanks to FPB for the signature and avatar~

Check out my ASB profile! (or not... either way, it's there Tongue)

My FC is 0130-2313-2579; Let me know yours!
TriXzeL
~(2eaper~

Registered
11-06-2013, 03:32 PM
oh crap my bad xD I was thinking about Doublade. But being weak to ghost, an opposing shadow sneak can be pretty devastating while in blade form which is where Power Trick. This set is basically a way to take advantage of his high Sp. attack. Its unexpected since most people run the physical attacking set. This moveset is basically a way to throw off an opponent.

[Image: fegrjd.png]Credit to Zueq for the awesome sign.

[Image: HydreigonSLicky.gif] Hydreigon Rap
Lick

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Somewhat Unexpected Trick Room Starter Rhapsody 6 1,124 02-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Last Post by Clockwork Soldier