Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Randomized Leaf Green Nuzlocke
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Randomized Leaf Green Nuzlocke
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪558.71
Registered
03-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Not sure if this is exactly where this belongs but if not someone can move it  Smile

I have been playing a lot of Randomized Nuzlocke Challenges as of late so I figured I would start a new one and post some images to show my progression. Once Leaf Green is finished I will hopefully keep going through some other games as well. I apologize in advance if some of the images look odd because I will be playing the game and taking screenshots on my phone to post them. Not 100% sure how they will turn out so please try and bear with me >_< This being a Randomized Challenge that means the starter Pokemon as well as any Pokemon encountered in game will be randomized which should lead to some pretty interesting encounters and a unique team  Cool

Nuzlocke is by no means a new challenge but for those that don't know here are the rules I will be following in mine.

1) Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the PC permanently.

2) The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch. (The later doesn't apply to this challenge but I added it in case anyone else didn't know.)

3) Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to prevent the player from having to catch multiple of the same Pokémon, for the sake of variety. Generally this means that the trainer can keep fighting Pokémon in the area until one is encountered that has not been caught yet, which then immediately counts as the first encounter.

4) Static Pokémon, gifted Eggs, and Fossils are all Randomized and my be used. They do not count as the first encounter of an area.

5) Players must nickname all of their Pokémon for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.

6) If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.

7) If a Black Out/White Out occurs it is considered game over even if there are more Pokémon in the PC.

With all that out of the way let's begin!

CHAPTER 1: THE JOURNEY BEGINS!

Spoiler:

[Image: 2ir5cb9.png]

Named my character Rhoa since that is the main name I use nowadays and made my rival @Legacy for nostalgia sake ^^

Spoiler:

[Image: ngvhug.png]
[Image: 30agajq.png]

Now for the starter options!

Spoiler:

[Image: 11bne2x.png]
[Image: 33wxoj7.png]
[Image: 2i9o2vd.png]

Now then my logic for my choice. Machop is good but it will never be able to evolve into Machamp since I'm not able to trade, Pichu will eventually become a Raichu which is fairly strong but Pichu itself is horrendously weak early game, Geodude is good but it is another one that will never be able to hit its final evo, Golem, because I can't trade. Ultimately I went with Machop because it has less weaknesses than Geodude and is a decently bulky Pokemon in it's own right.

Spoiler:

[Image: 11tlyc3.png]

Turns out Machop was a female so I named her Tresdin after one of my favorite physically aggressive females that @Rouge007 knows all too well HeHe! 

To top it all off she ended up being Adamant <3

Spoiler:

[Image: 63riau.png]
[Image: dyavc7.jpg]

Legacy ended up picking the Geodude as his starter so that was one of the easiest first battles ever lol.

Have made my way up the first route (Encounters here don't count yet because I have no PokeBalls) , picked up Oak's Parcel, gave it to him in Pallet Town, got the PokeDex, PokeBalls, and Town Map.

I am now waiting just on the edge of Pallet Town to take the Nuzlocke plunge and stumble upon my 1st encounter! Next post should be up this evening!

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Rouge007
Ask me about my Guzma

PokéDollars: ₪652.69
Registered
03-02-2017, 11:48 AM
@ninJAS YES! LC Machop! xD Can't wait for the next update!

[Image: 33a8c9u.jpg]
thank you @smoakdragon for the sig!
ninJAS

Registered
03-03-2017, 01:46 AM
With my newly acquired PokeBalls in hand I took my first steps on Route 1 and the Nuzlocke now truly begins!

Spoiler:
[Image: 2lwn7g5.png]

First encounter on Route 1 was a Lonely male Zubat! Captured him and named him Morde to keep with the Dota 2 naming theme I started with Tresdin xP

He was only lvl 3 so I trained him up a bit before heading into Viridian City. Healed up a few times along the way then headed to Route 22 for my next encounter and to battle Legacy again. I'll be perfectly honest with you guys in the fact that I nearly dropped my phone when I saw my encounter on this route. One of my favorite starters of all time and I actually managed to catch him with my last PokeBall <3

Spoiler:
[Image: 2nu4tgg.png]

Went back to Viridian, healed up, spent all the money I had on hand for various items, trained my Hasty Xin up a bit and headed to battle Legacy.

Spoiler:
[Image: 29y5rx5.png]
[Image: 90wrb6.png]
[Image: f1xun7.png]
[Image: 2qslxqb.png]

With Legacy out of the way I healed up again then moved just a bit north to see what my encounter for Route 2 would be.

Ended up being a Gentle male Diglett (I honestly can't remember the last time I even used a Diglett....) which I named Nyx.

Went straight from Route 2 into Viridian Forest and encountered on of my starter options....a Brave little Pichu! I missed a screenshot of a few encounters which I apologize for I was in a rush.....I named him Raijin.

Healed up in Viridian again then made my way through Viridian Forest which surprisingly enough had a lot of bug Pokemon in it haha. Once through the forest I headed straight for the Pokemon Center then the gym to challenge Brock.

Spoiler:
[Image: r85qig.png]
[Image: xmofsz.png]
His Shroomish didn't cause any problems for my Xin but his next Poke is what had me worried....
[Image: 2a5d8cj.png]
Luckily Tresdin was able to soak up the dmg from the Dugtrio and landed a crit to boot!
[Image: 2r6zmv5.png]

With my first badge acquired I ran to heal everyone up, gather my running shoes from Oak's aid, and proceeded up Route 3 battling all the trainers along the way and catching a Male Ditto which will probably never hit the field....ever lol I named him Rubick to continue with the Dota 2 naming theme going on right now. I deposited Rubick in the PC before you enter Mt. Moon and prepared to traverse the mountain.

Spoiler:
[Image: m9q05d.png]
[Image: w89maw.png]

I will try to post some better updates with more screenshots of actual battles over the weekend I just have been a little pressed for time today :/

smoakdragon
$ money cat $

PokéDollars: ₪1,043.04
Registered
03-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Ah JAS I love following stuff like this! I've tried a randomizer before (not a nuzlocke I'm too chicken to do that) but I think I lost the data on my laptop somehow. Keep up the good work on your adventure!

Charmander for the win! Big Grin

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
ninJAS

Registered
03-07-2017, 01:29 AM
A little behind getting this updated but my screenshots have not been wanting to cooperate AT ALL for some reason -_- I had shots of every single battle for the update but only about half of them actually saved are were usable for some reason...hopefully I will be able to get it worked out for the next update.

CHAPTER 2: MT. MOON

Welcome back to my Leaf Green Randomizer Nuzlocke! In today's update we will be traversing Mt. Moon, in case you couldn't tell from the chapter title. Right off the bat we get another encounter!

I entered into Mt. Moon with hopes of acquiring a super strong Pokemon that isn't super common or seen used in nuzlockes often....Well what I got was pretty garbage but I am determined to make it work or kill it trying! xD @Rouge007 will be the only one to appreciate this but I named my encounter Bane :3

Spoiler:
[Image: 33keyip.png]

With the addition of Bane my party is now completely full!

Tresdin the Machop, Xin the Charmander, Morde the Zubat, Nyx the Diglett, Raijin the Pichu, and Bane the Skitty. Hopefully we will be able to hang on to everyone and actually get a little bit of power in the PC if worse comes to worse. 

I trained up Bane a bit before heading deeper into the mountain just so she isn't completely dead weight.

Now like I said at the start of my post I DID have screenshots of every single trainer and their Pokemon but half of them aren't working at all for some reason....LUCKILY most of the ones with Team Rocket did actually work!

Spoiler:
[Image: 1zdnqsg.png]
[Image: a5j9t0.png]

[Image: mrpe28.png]
[Image: 2d6kvg6.png]
[Image: 2rgkxo8.png]
[Image: 2yx0lz9.png]
[Image: 301pr8k.png]
[Image: 2u5rvpy.png]
[Image: 6dsw3a.png]
[Image: 34rwpvp.png]

With the Rockets out of the way I only had one obstacle standing between me and clearing this mountain and heading to my next encounter. A super nerd, who isn't very good with sharing, guarding 2 fossils....

Spoiler:
[Image: 317fuit.png]
[Image: 2zelbt1.png]
[Image: 2i9ntpk.png]
[Image: wat1z4.png]
[Image: 2hcj6vo.png]
[Image: 335eiat.png]

He was definitely the most difficult trainer in the mountain but I still pulled through unscathed! So far so good!  Cool

Coming out of Mt. Moon my team is looking pretty decent with Tresdin way out front...will grind up a bit before I try to fight Legacy or Nugget bridge just because half of my team is stupidly frail.

Spoiler:
[Image: 23ruzhh.png]

To wrap up this update I got my Route 4 encounter and got a bit of power in the PC just like I was hoping for!

Spoiler:
[Image: 6fz1ip.png]

Looks like I will try to have a Dota reference on every capture this time around haha props to anyone who can figure out every reference that isn't super apparent  ^^

I honestly would love to have a Houndour/Houndoom on the team but since I am working on getting a Charizard I will hold off for the time being to keep from having too many of the same weaknesses.

Sorry again for a bit of a delay on this update but the next one will hopefully be up tomorrow night!

smoakdragon
$ money cat $

Registered
03-07-2017, 01:51 AM
Yay! Perfect time for an update right before I go to bed. With is being a randomizer, your team isn't turning out too bad!

I'm not sure what it is but when I train my team I'm very strict on team levels... Everyone has to be the same level and my starter gets the privilege of being one level higher. I think if I did a nuzlocke it would take me ages. XD

Rouge007
Ask me about my Guzma

PokéDollars: ₪652.69
Registered
03-07-2017, 12:59 PM
@ninJAS YAS YOU NAMED A SKITTY BANE! This is why we are friends.

[Image: 33a8c9u.jpg]
thank you @smoakdragon for the sig!
ninJAS

Registered
03-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Surprisingly enough @smoakdragon I haven't ran into many of the same type Pokemon as far as encounters go...usually my playthroughs are the exact opposite xD

I knew you would like @Rouge007 Wink in all fairness I named her Bane out of spite since I figured it would get bodied super fast....she is seriously being very bane-ish so far. Attract + Sing is her Nightmare + Fiend's Grip HeHe! enemy males can't do anything against her.

Pretty good sized update incoming! Let the flood of screenshots commence!

CHAPTER 3: VICTORY!....kind of.

What a title right? Not a great name but I am trying to throw this up before I start getting ready for bed so I'm not in the best mindset....ANYWAY.

Last update I mentioned grinding up my team just a little bit just so I wouldn't stress much before fighting Legacy again.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2rfbubq.png]

Well that was as far as I got before saying to myself. "I don't know why I'm so worried about grinding EVERYONE...I mean Xin and Tresdin are good to go so I should be fine."

Which immediately followed by Raijin nearly getting bodied by a Hoppip...

Spoiler:
[Image: 642fz8.png]

So with that I said screw it to the rest of my grinding and headed for Nugget Bridge and our next rival battle ensued.

Spoiler:
[Image: 264o175.png]
[Image: 72vuae.png]
[Image: 2912j3a.png]
[Image: 2qsz12v.png]
[Image: 2cickyq.png]

LUCKILY Tresdin owned most of his team and got a OHKO on Graveler with a crit Low Kick because she is very well trained  Cool

After healing I fought my way up Nugget Bridge with no real challenge the entire way and earned my free nugget! 

Spoiler:
[Image: 28rdzly.png]
[Image: wt6tg1.png]
[Image: 25tgj7b.png]

Was a little worried with the Wynaut since it can be a HUGE pain to deal with but Bane put in some work!

Next up 2 encounters! One on route 24 and one on Route 25.

Spoiler:
[Image: 53r1at.png]
[Image: vgqzgl.png]

Some good pokes for sure! Added power in the PC <3 

Just because I catch some really good Pokemon I don't want to just immediately change my squad. I'd rather wait until something happens that forces me to swap around.

Speaking of which.....

Spoiler:
[Image: 34hjm7p.png]
[Image: 2qwzqll.png]

Raijin is the first member to go down....and to a mon he is x4 super effective against ;_; crit water gun and hurt myself in confusion.

Added Stonebreak (seems like a dumb name but it is still a Dota reference xP) in his place just to add a bit more bulky to the squad. She is a Bold nature so +def as well Smile

The Rocket who broke into the house is my next target so I can get an encounter on Route 5 as well.

Spoiler:
[Image: 143lyq0.png]
[Image: n3mfdt.png]
[Image: 23wc4o.png]

I was sad to see Raijin go down but Zues will make a great replacement if needed later so I guess the loss wasn't too terrible....I like Magneton better than Raichu as well >.>

I trained up Stonebreak to be even with the lower lvls of my party then for some reason got brave and figured I could take on Misty.

Spoiler:
[Image: 20sddfr.png]
[Image: k53nzn.png]

Aron vs Slowpoke? Pfft easy mode! What could she possibly has to make me even remotely worried?  HeHe!

Spoiler:
[Image: 2r55mw8.png]

O_O

Spoiler:

[Image: 29vapvs.png]
[Image: 1j87zb.png]

That freaking Typhlosion nearly killed half of my team.....and almost crit killed Xin twice ;_; he survived on 2hp and 1hp both times and I about died.

LUCKILY I was just shaken up a bit and came through the gym unscathed with a new badge and TM in hand! Also, I do have a Moon Stone so I could evolve Bane to make her much stronger but she will also not learn any new moves....granted she gets crap moves by lvl up anyway but I HOPEFULLY will be able to at least get Bite at lvl 27 I think before I evolve her just so she can actually hurt Ghost types.

Next update will hopefully be up tomorrow evening!  ^^

smoakdragon
$ money cat $

Registered
03-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Wow what a wild ride! XD You certainly accomplished a lot this one around... but poor little Raijin, he was so young. ;_; But at least the magnemite is a pretty good replacement for him.

AAAAAA if Xin would've died, I think I would have cried! He NEEDS to survive to be an awesome charizard. Big Grin Keep it up with your adventure!!

ninJAS

Registered
03-10-2017, 12:37 PM
@smoakdragon I know how you feel....was so pumped to get Xin so if he manages to die before he becomes a Charizard I will definitely cry ;_;

A little late again on my update....so to make up for it I made quite a bit of progress in game! ^^

CHAPTER 3: SURGING ALONG

With Misty no longer an obstacle I healed up my party and made my way through the tunnel to continue my journey to the next town and gym battle against Lt. Surge. I cleared out the trainers on Route 6 before getting my encounter there. A few more powerful Pokemon showed up with these trainers so the game should start getting more difficult from now on!

Spoiler:
[Image: 2w1tw6e.png]
[Image: j630ic.png]
[Image: 29vm5qf.png]

With my newly captured Zigzagoon boxed I healed up my team, grabbed the Vs. Seeker, got the Old Rod, and got my encounters for Vermillion City and S.S. Anne using said rod. Grabbed my Diglett Cave encounter as well.

Spoiler:
[Image: 9vji1y.png]
[Image: 259jyhw.png]
[Image: 33vdh6c.png]
[Image: 2a5145f.png]
[Image: 14v5wr5.png]

Next up I got my encounter for Route 11 and defeated all the trainers, where I ran into several other strong Pokemon, there before heading to the S.S. Anne and battling all the trainers there.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2v9qes8.png]
[Image: 10e3m2u.png]
[Image: 21o7ie.png]
Found Tresdin a man HeHe!
[Image: 2uol3ro.png]
[Image: 124h3th.png]
[Image: amfk2.png]

Morde FINALLY learned a STAB move with Wing Attack and then Evolved into a Golbat making him much more reliable ^^

Spoiler:
[Image: 10xr5ub.png]

He evolved just in time for our next rival battle with Legacy! I felt a little overleveled going into our fight but I honestly didn't train in any area heavily so idk...

Spoiler:
[Image: 34qwcx2.png]
[Image: oi97x5.png]
[Image: dtqqd.png]
[Image: k54gec.png]
[Image: 20z2trd.png]
[Image: 2vcdi5x.png]

Another successful fight! With Legacy taken care of I grabbed the Cut HM (which I taught to Nyx) from the Captain, healed my party once more before leaving the boat, then made my way through Diglett Cave to grab a few more encounters (Veridian & Pallet) with my Old Rod! Also grabbed the Old Amber from Pewter City Museum.

Spoiler:
[Image: iydl5d.png]
[Image: iyk8km.png]

With new encounters in the box I headed back for my duel with Lt. Surge and his fearsome Electric types! Well his normal team would have probably posed a much great challenge than what he ended up with >.>

Spoiler:
[Image: mb69me.png]
[Image: 2414it5.png]
[Image: oa6kqq.png]
[Image: 29f57pw.png]
[Image: 2el9xxy.png]

Was honestly one of the easiest gym battles I've ever had in a randomizer. I honestly am going to regret saying this but I hope the gyms from here on out are more challenging....but with Surge out of the way I grabbed my encounters on Route 9, Route 10, and in the entrance of Rock Tunnel!

Spoiler:
[Image: f57l35.png]
[Image: 2aiqzyb.png]
[Image: bhauxw.png]

Here is a team, encounter, and deathbox recap to end the update since I haven't done one this entire time >.<

Spoiler:
[Image: vxyt5f.png]
[Image: 33oo7lt.png]
[Image: 35kpcav.png]

I have Nyx training up front since he evolves in 1 more lvl and will make him so much better....next will be Bane's turn!

Hopefully the few people that actually do follow this are enjoying it so far and I HOPEFULLY will get another update later this evening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Nuzlocke Challenge Legacy 1 212 01-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Last Post by ninJAS
  ORAS Nuzlocke ? DerpyDerp 1 385 12-11-2014, 02:25 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon
  Leaf Green Nuzlocke cinnamin 11 1,428 04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Last Post by royalsword11
  Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Rhapsody 14 2,781 04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Last Post by Rhapsody