Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Samsung Galaxy S8
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Samsung Galaxy S8
Zueq
Ba-Zueq-A~♫♩♬

PokéDollars: ₪3,937.43
Founder and Administrator
03-31-2017, 09:19 PM
So the Samsung Galaxy S8 was just introduced very recently. I'm pretty sure it goes on sale sometime in April. To be honest, if I didn't have a $1,500 Apple Watch that paired with my iPhone 7 Plus, I would probably buy the Samsung Galaxy S8. I'm a hardcore Apple fan, but this new phone looks really really good. What do you guys think of it?

xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪817.69
Super Moderators
04-01-2017, 05:38 AM
Erm...okay...well..I'm not trying to be biased, since I'm pretty much a diehard iphone user...but I wouldn't be caught dead with this phone...

Reasons:

1) That screen... I'm not a fan of big screens like that...I would prefer to have a border around it...I'd be very scared to accidentally crack that screen (even w/ a protector on it)...

2) I watched that whole video, and not once did I see or hear anything about a headphone jack lol... (Come on guys, there are ppl like me who still like to hang charms on their headphone jack place lol)

3) That screen lol... I'm sorry, but I really don't like those screens...and if apple did that too...yeahhh...i'd probably just stick on my iphone 6 or just upgrade to the 6s lol...
Zueq
Ba-Zueq-A~♫♩♬

PokéDollars: ₪3,937.43
Founder and Administrator
04-01-2017, 10:58 AM
@xKiYoMiNaTiONx: That infinity display screen (as they are calling it) is suppose to be making it's way into the next iPhone from all the rumors going around and such. It's suppose to be the future of phone screens, since it's taking away more of the "chins" of the phone for more screen. Like one of the iPhone 8 rumors is that they are going to be taking away their iconic home button, and making the screen bigger just like the Samsung S8 did.
smoakdragon
$ money cat $

PokéDollars: ₪927.69
Registered
04-03-2017, 07:04 PM
I kinda feel the same as Kiyo, in that I'd be really nervous about cracking the screen. But I do think it looks really nice! Another thing I'd be sorta iffy about would be the sheer size of the screen and how smudgy it would get from fingerprints. I have a glass screen protector that actually reduced fingerprints pretty well! I just don't know how a screen protector would work for this phone in particular.

I've also heard about those rumors that Apple might be getting into the infinity screen themselves too. Right now I have an iPhone 6 and probably won't get a new phone until the one I've got is basically broken or won't really work on its outdated software anymore (which is what happened with my 4s). Also I'm an avid headphone user, so that's actually a huge deal for me... hopefully Apple brings the headphone jack back in the future!

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
Rouge007
Ask me about my Guzma

PokéDollars: ₪568.28
Registered
04-04-2017, 02:16 PM
To be honest I don't think they will bring back the headphone jack. It is kind of an old technology, good, but old. The push for Bluetooth and wireless headphones with keep going, and probably take over. It's sad, but technology is always changing.

[Image: 33a8c9u.jpg]
thank you @smoakdragon for the sig!
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪223.15
Moderators
04-06-2017, 11:55 AM
I would give this new phone a shot because my current mobile (a severely outdated Samsung Galaxy S4) is starting to act up on me. But I echo the sentiment of the others above; I will really miss those headphone jacks if they decide to do away with it.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Galaxy Note II Zueq 2 204 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Porygon