Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Sheer Force
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Sheer Force
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
02-01-2015, 03:53 AM
Sheer Force is a unique and useful Pokemon ability. It increases the power of attacks with secondary effects by 30% at the cost of that effect. For example, Psychic normally does 90 base damage with a 10% chance to lower special defense. With Sheer Force, the special defense drop effect is lost and now Psychic is 30% more powerful! Combine this effect with a life orb and the damage can be devastating. One of the most notable Sheer Force users is Darmanitan and its Flare Blitz. What Pokemon with Sheer force do you like to use? What moves do you think would be great in combination with this ability? What Pokemon in general do you think should have this ability?

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Dock
Docking station

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-01-2015, 01:56 PM
I love to use Nidoking and Mega-Camerupt withSheer force. The ability gets even better when you put a Life Orb on the pokemon, they will get the boost from the Life Orb but Sheer Force negates the damage they would have taken from it. I love to use Nidoking and Mega-Camerupt withSheer force. I've also heard good things about Sheer Force Landorus but have never personally used him. What I can't wait for is for Hidden Ability Feraligatr to be released for some Sheer Force fun with him.
ninJAS
The Phoenix of Bariura Rises!

PokéDollars: ₪445.11
Registered
05-09-2015, 01:04 PM
A little late to this >.>

Rampardos is a super underrated Pokemon with Sheer Force. Has a RIDICULOUS 165 Base Attack and decent attacks to utilize its abilities effect.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 363-426 (56.5 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It 2HKO's Chansey from full 100% of the time without needing hazards...I know it is a highly unlikely situation to find yourself in but just wanted to show just how strong an attack with only 75 base power can really be.

It is also fun to use a full special attacking set on Rampardos since no one expects it xD it gets solid special attacks that get a damage boost from Sheer Force + Life Orb as well including: Earth Power, Ancient Power, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Thunderbolt/Thunder, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, and Focus Blast.

Also, I wish Drapion could learn it ;_;

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

[Image: OzMV8j1.png]

Thanks to Bloom for my Avatar, Signature, and Profile Background ^^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sheer Force Life Orb smoakdragon 3 144 05-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower