Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Shinies that don't make sense?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Shinies that don't make sense?
Manaphy72
Hi there!

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-09-2013, 01:24 AM
Have you ever looked at a shiny version of a Pokemon and said "Why did they choose those colors?"

Example: Mew: Pink-Blue

Are there any you don't like?

Discuss below!
Kevin
Member of Thespian Troupe 1139

Registered
12-09-2013, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 05:38 AM by Kevin.)
Hmm...probably Mega Charizard X. While Y has a majestic lavender coloring, X is...too colorful.

[Image: 0KOwHeL.png]
Credits to Fairy Princess Bloom for this awesome signature!

Super Smash Bros Survival Role-Play

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

smoakdragon
slightly confused cinnamon bun

PokéDollars: ₪1,264.39
Veterans
12-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh man, there are PLENTY of shiny sprites that I have been disappointed by, but I won't go on a rant about each one and take to much of your time. XD I'll make a quick list of the ones that look kinda dumb to me.

Pikachu, Raichu, Nidoqeen, Paras, Meowth, Persian, Bellsprout, Seel, Dewgong, Gengar, Goldeen, Seaking, Zapdos, Dragonite, Bayleef, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Sunkern, Unknown, Octillery, Smoochum, Blissey, Surskit, Trapinch (but shiny FLygon is amazing so it's okay Tongue), Starly, Staravia, Bidoof, Bibarel, Burmy, Wormadam, Shellos, Garchomp, Hippopotas, Finneon, Lumineon, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Basculin, Dwebble, Scraggy, Tynamo... I haven't seen many 6th Gen shinies, but from what I've seen, I don't like Chespin's evolution line's colors.

As a general rule of thumb, the ones that barely have their color pallets changed, and the ones that turn into an ugly green or brown, or just have a HORRID color combination! >.<

I think for me, one of the biggest disappointments was Garchomp. If I was battling someone and they didn't see the shiny animation, they would probably think it was just a normal Garchomp. With such a detailed and interesting design, I believe that they could've turned Garchomp's shiny pallet into something that catches the eye a little more. Why you do dis GameFreak? T^T

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
Manaphy72
Hi there!

Registered
12-15-2013, 12:51 AM
In my opinion, I don't get why Cofagrigus goes from the Egyptian golds and blues, to pinks and silvers... It just never honestly made sense. I also don't get how Lugia goes from this vicious and beastly looking Pokemon, to a Pink, loveable looking Pokemon :?

I don't like the shinies that change the color by a few shades.. It just doesn't make sense. Most starter Pokemon are like that -_-
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
12-15-2013, 12:58 AM
shiny gengar should have been white like its mega evolution. it is a ghost type after all [Image: NQSRKAf.gif] similar to this

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,254.21
Super Moderators
12-15-2013, 12:59 AM
What about Kecleon? The only thing that changes is it's zigzap pattern from red to blue -_-
Manaphy72
Hi there!

Registered
12-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Look at Skitty! It barely changed at all... I wish they made Skitty Purple or Green!
[Image: 300Skitty.png]
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
12-15-2013, 01:02 AM
SPRITE DISCRIMINATION! we demand new cooler looking shiny Pokemon.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  . Shinies! . Mew 22 2,065 12-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Last Post by Joaquin