Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Sticky: Showdown! Update Thread
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Sticky: Showdown! Update Thread
Rhapsody
has anyone seen my sanity

PokéDollars: ₪79.9
Registered
08-02-2013, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013, 11:16 PM by Rhapsody.)
This is the update thread, to keep you all up to date!

8/2/13
Spoiler:
  • OM of the month changed from Jolly July to Average August, a pirate-themed double battle tier where you fight to defeat each other before the hurricane defeats you.
  • Addition of a Victory Road channel for gym leaders and League Heads to discuss what needs to be done with the league, or debate as to whether a trainer should become a gym leader.
  • Addition of a secret channel that you don't need to know about. Smile
  • Lots of new metagames added/They may be a bit buggy, so please report any bugs. Documentation for these metagames are provided by clicking on their name, if highlighted orange. The following tiers were added, not including the Generation battles;

- 6 Move Battling (OU) (6 moves instead of 4)
    - Ability Exchange (Switch abilities between your party)
    - Clear Skies (OU) (No weather OU)
    - Color Change Meta (Replaces all Pokemon abilities with Color Change)
    - GBU Singles (In-game Single battles; bring 6 Pokemon, choose 3 to battle with)
    - GSC Modern (Utilizes 5th Generation mechanics while only allowing the first two generations)
    - LC UU (Little Cup UU-style)
    - Monotype (OU) (All Pokemon on the team must share a common type)
    - Negative Metagame (Major metagame change, your average Sunkern is now on par with Arceus, for example)
    - Offstat Metagame (Employs major changes that only allow certain Pokemon to be used)
    - Sky Battles (Only Pokemon that have the ability Levitate or are Flying type can participate)
    - Slowmons (Trick Room effect perpetually active)
    - Smogon Doubles (Major redux of VGC Doubles, many differences)
    - STABmons (Standard OU, except that a Pokemon knows every move of it's type now.)
    - Stat Exchange (The Pokemon's Attack Stat is switched with it's Defense stat, and it's Sp. Attack stat switched with it's Sp. Defense stat)
    - Suicide Cup (Your goal is to make your entire team faint before your foe's, and Self-KO moves like Explosion are banned)
    - TechniciMons (Every Pokemon gets Technician except for Slaking, Regigigas, and Ditto, moves with over 100 base power are banned)
    - Tier Shift (UU Pokemon have +5 to each base stat, RU Pokemon have +10, and NU has +15, making them viable in OU..)
    - Triples (Dev) (Triple battle, currently in-development, so you can only access it by directly challenging someone. It's broken, though.)
    - Type Chart Swap (Supereffective moves are now not very effective, not very effective moves are now supereffective)
    - Wonkymons (Every Pokemon is given two new abilities to be able to use instead of it's previous two)
    Big thanks to Joim for coding these metagames!

Needless to say, the sheer diversity of these metagames not only allow for much more fun battling between trainers, but for unique tournaments to truly test your skill, or diverse gym leaders that are much more adept in one of these metagames than you probably are.

In order to make use of most of these tiers, you can't make the modifications via the Team Builder (for example, you can't add your fifth and sixth move in Six Move Battling via the Team Builder). Instead, you have to export your team as text, modify it, and then import it as you normally would. This allows the metagame to read it as a team usable for that metagame. If you attempt to use the team in any other metagame that it's not compatible with, it'll tell you you aren't allowed to use that team.

Spoiler:

8/4/13
Spoiler:
  • Fixed server crash when challenging someone with certain metagames.
  • Fixed Triples. However, I still recommend against using it, since if a Pokemon faints, the other Pokemon don't move to fill it's slot. This allows one trainer's Pokemon to be on the left side of the field and the other trainers Pokemon on the right side of the field, and it would be impossible to hit each each, except with a few certain moves.
  • Added Smogon Double Ubers metagame.
  • Fixed and added Generation 2 OU metagame.
  • Added a link that appears if you get banned, where you can dispute your ban.
  • Reorganized Seasonal list. Seasonals no longer appear on the 'Look for a battle' window. Instead, you can challenge people to them by directly challenging someone. Because of this, laddering is currently disabled on them, and will be unless there's a popular demand.
  • Officially added the following seasonal metagames, which can be played year-long;

- Season's Greeting
    - Winter Wonderland
    - Valentine Venture
    - Spring Forward
    - Fools Festival
    - May Mayhem
    - June Jubilee
    - Jolly July
    - Average August

I'll leave it to you to figure out how they work and what they're about.

8/9/13
Spoiler:
  • General server update for stability.
  • Attempted to add custom CSS to the server. Still in-progress. Results are volatile; the changes may appear for some people but not others, for an unknown reason. Looking into it.
  • Re-sorted all Doubles metagames into their own section. This includes Smogon Doubles, Doubles Ubers, VGC 2013, and Doubles Custom Game.
  • Added a new metagame;

- Budgetmon (Pokemon from any tier can be used, but BST must be under 2000 total.)

8/11/13
Spoiler:
  • Restored the server due to a mistake on the dedicated server. Nothing was lost, I think.
  • Created a GitHub repo for the server. Success!
  • Updated the Pokemon of the Day text to Pokemon of the Month; in addition, changed the /potd command to /potm.
  • Modified /faq and !faq to display our FAQ page instead of Smogon's.
  • Updated Budgetmons, the BST limit has been made 2300 instead of 2000.
  • Improved reliability of the CSS showing up (I didn't really do anything, but it's consistent now).

8/12/13
Spoiler:
  • Updated Wonkymons; added Moody and Soul Dew to the banlist.
  • Fixed Generation 2 IVs; now 0-15 instead of 0-31, just like in the GSC games.
  • Added some of the new Event Pokemon as valid Pokemon to use.
  • Banned Dark Void, Sky Drop, and Soul Dew in multiple metagames.
  • Removed the HP percentage mod from some of the earlier generation metagames.
  • Further improved Generation 2 metagames.

8/24/13
Spoiler:
  • Added automated tours!
  • Added voting.

[Image: tXYu56.png]
Rhapsody

Registered
08-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Updated the server, check out the changelog!

Rhapsody

Registered
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Sorry for the downtime on the Showdown server. Errors started popping up for no reason, and my attempt to update the server finally wrecked it, making it crash upon starting. I'm currently copying over my custom changes to a new copy of the repository, so we'll be back up soon.

Rhapsody

Registered
08-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey, we just added some more exciting stuff!

Rhapsody

Registered
08-27-2013, 01:12 PM
We're back after some unexpected downtime. Sorry about that.

Heinous Creature
Phear me.

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Guess I don't need to ask what the problem was now.

Thanks for the update.

Performance record
Spoiler:
Gym Leader
The Nexus - 9W / 2L

Gym Challenger
The Forest - Loss
The Asylum - Win
The Crypt - Win

Tournaments
Summer Festival Tournament - 1st place
Tier Shift Tournament - 1st place
Spoiler:
To all current Gym Leaders - prepare for my arrival.

ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪532.64
Registered
08-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Glad to have everything up and running smoothly again ^^

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Rhapsody

Registered
09-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Server is down temporarily while we reinstall the OS to get some issues fixed. Sorry about that.

Rhapsody

Registered
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
The server is back up.

Rhapsody

Registered
10-03-2013, 10:14 AM
The server will likely be temporarily shut down, due to an inability to pay for the dedicated machine it's hosted on, most likely due to the government shutdown. Once stable payment can be achieved again, it'll probably be back up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sticky: Showdown! Frequently Asked Questions Rhapsody 7 707 08-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Last Post by Legacy
  Sticky: PokéSun League & Showdown! Rules Rhapsody 51 4,215 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Last Post by Rhapsody
  Sticky: Suggestions, Complaints, and Showdown! Punishment Disputes Rhapsody 0 644 03-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post by Rhapsody