Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
The Christian Group  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

The Christian Group
tnek8
Pokémon Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪19.58
Registered
03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Never did I say that I would bash on them, I'm just saying the Bible says it's wrong. " Let he without sin cast the first stone."

In my opinion it's a psychological thing. I mean, you can lust for a chair if you wanted to and tried hard enough. And that is another sin, lust. Lust is one of the most compelling sins. But yeah, anywho, do you want me to post the next verse of the day?
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
03-05-2012, 06:55 PM
We never accused you of bashing anyone lol but we all know that some people do is all I was getting at...and lust by it's definition is "a strong sexual desire for something" but can also simply be taken as having a strong desire for anything in general. So in all honesty we all have more than likely listed for something before in our lives. I know that when there have been some video games getting ready to come out that I have REALLY wanted and I've done research on them, read reviews, preordered them, and played them for hours on end when I finally obtained them......so I actually believe that this is a form of lust as well because:

1) It takes my mind and my thoughts off of things that are honestly important.
2) I spend my time wanting something that I won't be able to have for a while.
3) Takes time that I could be using to help further my understanding of the Bible.
4) Keeps me from doing things that I would normally do to help my parents, friends, and family.

So really we all know lusting is a sin but many people take it as just being a sexual lust when in all actuality it can be a material lust as well....hope I didn't overstep my bounds or anything on here but if I did then I will be more than happy to edit this post..

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Tsoliades
today might not be my birthday

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
03-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Lust is definitely a deadly sin. It can take you over the edge. You can get addicted to any sin. It's funny how all sins are deadly and addicting.
This is something I have realized lately. I have struggled with addiction to a few sins, and still am.
Be careful guys. Don't get addicted. Ever.
That's all I have to say.

[Image: mordecaidudebanner_zps8be5c883.png]
Pikan00b
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Even if you don't believe in any particular religion, I think it's worth researching the effects of such addictions as it's ridiculous at how many people become obsessed with various habits, be it sexual or not.

There are loads of forums in particular dedicated to all kinds of addictions, pr0n, alcohol etc. which prove this so I suggest that anyone who is starting to feel as if they're too deep into these topics, seek some help ASAP. Even too much video games and anime is bad too IMO as I remember when I was addicted to MMORPGs I wouldn't do crap lol. Luckily I learned to restrict my habit and eventually stopped taking games so seriously which sounds stupid but it can happen. Plenty of news articles about people killing themselves over games...

[Image: flm5fq.jpg]
n00b or hardcore gamer? take the gamer quiz to find out.
Felix
Chosen of the Power Gems

Registered
03-05-2012, 09:22 PM
(03-05-2012, 07:08 AM)jas29217 Wrote: It is just a thread that we can talk about what we want....if you don't like it then you don't have to read it...

Did I said I didn't like it? I was supervise to see a topic like this. That hasn't been banned, block, or delete. In fact, if PokeSun allowed this, then I really going to love this website. Don't you feel bad because you just judge me, before you get to know me.

tnek8
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Changing the subject.........

I think all of us as Christians need to do more of God's will. Convert people and share the word of God. Just saying, that is our duty. I mean, we should at least try it a little bit. At the place that can't be named. (Some of you know what I mean, the forum) there is a girl that is a Satanist. No matter how hard I try I can't do this alone. what should I do?
ninJAS

Veterans
03-05-2012, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM by ninJAS.)
I wasn't judging you so no I don't feel bad about what I said. I simply made a statement like you did. I was simply saying that if you or anyone else doesn't agree with what we talk about on here then you don't have to read it. Its as simple as that. Just making a statement....not judging you...sorry for making you feel like I was though.
(03-05-2012, 09:23 PM)tnek8 Wrote: Changing the subject.........

I think all of us as Christians need to do more of God's will. Convert people and share the word of God. Just saying, that is our duty. I mean, we should at least try it a little bit. At the place that can't be named. (Some of you know what I mean, the forum) there is a girl that is a Satanist. No matter how hard I try I can't do this alone. what should I do?

Well honestly not everyone is willing to accept God and no matter how hard you try they will simply continue to push back twice as hard....I know this from experience. I know this is gonna sound kind of bad BUT I'll say it anyway...yes it is our duty to spread the word of God to everyone however, there are some people who simply continue to deny him the more you try to push God into their lives......

The only thing that can really help someone who flat out rejects God it to simply pray for them. A simple prayer can be a powerful tool indeed and with the will of God behind it a simple prayer can do great things. So that is my advice to you tnek just continue to pray for them and let the Lord work in their lives.

Felix
Chosen of the Power Gems

Registered
03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
(03-05-2012, 09:23 PM)tnek8 Wrote: Changing the subject.........

Well, you can't force them to believe, but guide them. If they aren't ready to see god's life. Whatever you do, they aren't going to move.... I trying to help on of my friends to believe in God. However, it's hard because I believe some people that just wearing the title of Christian gave her a hard time.....

tnek8
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
03-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I can do anything who he who gives me strength.

Philippians 13:6 I believe

Nothing is impossible

ninJAS

Veterans
03-05-2012, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM by ninJAS.)
The correct text is:

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

This is one of my favorite verses from the Bible! I had it wrote on the sides of my basketball shoes, golf gloves, and on the palm of my baseball glove when I played them in high school Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  League of Legends - Group teamplasma 49 7,162 03-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Last Post by ninJAS
  Roguelike Discussion and Group Hana Song 4 1,416 03-27-2016, 04:08 PM
Last Post by Hana Song
  Steam Gaming Group! Flyleaf 5 1,091 03-27-2016, 11:29 AM
Last Post by Solgaleo
  Animal Crossing New Leaf Discussion Group Aeria 407 26,601 08-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Last Post by Zueq