Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
The PokéSun Festival Tournament  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

The PokéSun Festival Tournament
teamplasma
^ ^ ^

PokéDollars: ₪4
Registered
07-28-2013, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 06:35 PM by teamplasma.)
@Heinous Creature
Good job on the match and congratz on the GL position!
Rhapsody
has anyone seen my sanity

PokéDollars: ₪79.9
Registered
07-28-2013, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 09:51 PM by Rhapsody.)
(07-28-2013, 04:20 PM)Pyre Wrote:
(07-28-2013, 04:16 PM)Zueq Wrote: Well I was going to add him to the next announcement thread with Pyre, but okay then.

Congrats. Smile

Didn't we talk about only consisering him or something in the Hangout if he can be active?

(07-28-2013, 04:21 PM)Zueq Wrote: Pretty much. He won the position to be one, but if he doesn't get the battles done or can't stick to being a gym leader, then we'll just have to take away his position. Haha. Hopefully everything goes well, though.

@Heinous Creature You were saying?

I was talking in reference to the fact that @teamplasma, @Jesse, @Zueq and I discussed the reward in detail during a previous hangout. The condition was that you would be considered for a gym leader position in the manner stated above in quotes. Try not to be rude to a fellow gym leader for bringing up a valid question, because there's more than one way to have your position revoked, other than inactivity.

[Image: tXYu56.png]
shenanigans
↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
07-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Calm down, guys. There's not really any reason to fight. HC has won his position, he's also earned the opportunity to prove that he can be active. If he's not active, yeah, his position would be revoked, but this applies to all of the Gym leaders, not just him. And slinging insults back and forth is a great recipe for all parties involved to be removed, as Gym Leaders need to be more mature than that.. :c

Rhapsody

Registered
07-28-2013, 11:24 PM
I wasn't getting angry. :p

Heinous Creature
Phear me.

Registered
07-29-2013, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 07:50 AM by Heinous Creature.)
Quote:I was talking in reference to the fact that @teamplasma, @Jesse, @Zueq and I discussed the reward in detail during a previous hangout. The condition was that you would be considered for a gym leader position in the manner stated above in quotes. Try not to be rude to a fellow gym leader for bringing up a valid question, because there's more than one way to have your position revoked, other than inactivity.
I'm not being rude. I'm simply drawing attention to the fact that you were wrong. For now, I am a Gym Leader, regardless of the justifications used and the criterion I must abide by to remain as such. Your original post wasn't valid because it refuted the fact that I am a gym leader, something which is currently true, unless Zueq, myself and several other members are somehow mistaken and this Gym Leader bar and the announcement threads are just for show. As I said, I'm not being rude, nor am I getting particularly irritated, I'm merely aiming to dispel this misconception and dig down into the reason why Pyre sees fit to claim I am not a gym leader (which is incorrect) and draw attention to activity as a pre-requisite for being a gym leader, which is not only obvious and acknowledged, but issues pertaining to which have since been explained. I am somewhat perplexed by his seeming need to question a fundamental fact and stubbornly cling to the same justifications for said questioning.

Now, if you're really going to threaten to kick me out of my gym leader position because I legitimately questioned your incorrect assertion, then perhaps it would be in my best interest to leave, considering that, if I were to use you as a model of behaviour, I would come to the conclusion that questioning someone is rude just because it was done towards a forum veteran, and that going on a tirade against the new member claiming that he isn't what he clearly just earned, repeatedly drawing attention to the lack of activity (despite it being registered and explained) like a broken record (even to the point of nearly derailing an entire discussion on the subject, no less), and even then, having the gall to include a threat to that position because the newbie drew attention to an error on your part, of all things, is completely acceptable behaviour. Because that's not rude conduct at all. Nope.

So, when all is said and done, I believe it is understandable that I am somewhat confused by these proceedings. Now, I know what is required of me, and will step down if I fear I cannot deliver. I know that in particular I have something to prove regarding activity. This much is acknowledged, so I don't think we need to have this discussion again.

Edit: Also, what Jesse said.

Edit 2: Is this thread going to be locked, or left open?

Performance record
Spoiler:
Gym Leader
The Nexus - 9W / 2L

Gym Challenger
The Forest - Loss
The Asylum - Win
The Crypt - Win

Tournaments
Summer Festival Tournament - 1st place
Tier Shift Tournament - 1st place
Spoiler:
To all current Gym Leaders - prepare for my arrival.

Rhapsody

Registered
07-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I have no such ability, I was referring to the fact that if you were going to act cocky about that (tylerg1011 and I felt you were acting that way), your position could be revoked because of it. That's all.

Heinous Creature
Phear me.

Registered
07-29-2013, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM by Heinous Creature.)
You are free to interpret my intent however you wish. However, as I said - I was merely drawing attention to the facts. Now, are we done here, or is there something else you wish to address before putting this to rest?

Performance record
Spoiler:
Gym Leader
The Nexus - 9W / 2L

Gym Challenger
The Forest - Loss
The Asylum - Win
The Crypt - Win

Tournaments
Summer Festival Tournament - 1st place
Tier Shift Tournament - 1st place
Spoiler:
To all current Gym Leaders - prepare for my arrival.

Mitchell

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
07-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Well the tournament has ended, I hope you all had fun and enjoyed yourself. No need for this thread anymore I guess.

[/posting]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PokéSun CCAT #1 - Gen VI Overused Hana Song 7 2,500 04-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post by Jet Stingren
  Official PokeSun Gym Leader Tournament - Battle Thread Legacy 15 2,703 01-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post by Bloom
  Official PokeSun Gym Leader Tournament tylerg1011 24 3,333 01-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Last Post by Legacy
  Showdown Mixed Tournament! ninJAS 53 6,423 01-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post by Legacy