Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Poll: What are you afraid of?
This poll is closed.
Insects and Arachnids
25.00%
4 25.00%
Animals that aren't insects
0%
0 0%
Deadly animals
6.25%
1 6.25%
The Dark
18.75%
3 18.75%
Any form of weather
6.25%
1 6.25%
Judgement for peers
12.50%
2 12.50%
Other
31.25%
5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What are you afraid of?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

What are you afraid of?
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
09-02-2015, 04:05 AM
So I was walking out in the playground during school and I saw a scary thing fly past me (I'll get to it). I haven't realized that I had a fear of these things until now. So in this thread, you have to answer one thing: What are you afraid of? I have a list of things:

Trying out new foods
This is a big one. My sister and I are both scared of trying new foods. We're very picky eaters, and even more so when it comes to the taste of foods and the way that they feel in our mouth. Foods that I'm particularly scared of are cheese and meats (mainly because I love animals). When it comes to food, and I'm forced to have these foods, it's like a soft, chewy or spoilt thing entering my mouth. I can't stand eating soft foods (unless their fruits, vegetables, bread, drinks, some lollies and ice-cream). Some vegetables are 'scary' too because they have a really 'planty' taste if you know what I mean. 

Balls
Yes, you heard me. Every time I'm walking along the playground, I risk my life through a ceaseless barrage of flying sports equipment, footballs, soccer balls, tennis balls and handballs. Once, I was nearly killed as a high-speeding handball that was thrown with force, merely, by millimeters (I use the metric system since I'm Aussie), it almost hit the artery in the left side of my neck. I can't believe how lucky I was. Today, I was severely bruised in my leg because a soccer ball hit me hardly, and as later today, I was nearly hit in the head with a football. Two years ago, I recall a soccer ball entering forcefully into my left eye, luckily, there was no injury. 

Judgement/Hurting other's feelings/Being treated as weird.
I'm terribly afraid of judgements. I know many people say that I shouldn't care what other people think of me, but I can't help it when people around me look at me and talk about me in a very rude or false way. I try not to talk as much so I don't say anything hurtful, or so that nobody judges me, whereas less than two years ago I would be happy to show everybody I'm being myself because nobody treated me like I was an outsider. Because I care so deeply for animals, people definitely talk about me, especially since I don't like eating meat. That makes people only call me weird and "obsessed" with animal rights and they think that I love animals more than humans, but I love all living things equally. Because I like being sensible, responsible, talk formally and be nice, be friends with teachers and tell people to do the right thing, people always say to me "Don't worry, it's alright, the teacher won't notice", but I can't do the wrong thing, so I get mocked for it: "Oh, she's too afraid to write a simple word..."

In the end, this won't matter to me, for as long as I do the right thing, I will have a good future, but in the meantime, I'll just fear people thinking bad about me... at least true friends don't judge. 

The dark
Okay, I'm not directly afraid of the dark, but I'm afraid when the lights are off and I'm still awake. I fear because I cannot notice what's around me, so if I have an injury, I can't just wake up my dad because he's really tired and might not wake up. And since spiders, especially dangerous ones roam the Australian summer, I can't imagine a spider crawling into my bed without me noticing. Luckily, my house doors are never left opened so no dangerous insect can come in and so I don't have to kill it, because I'll feel really bad. 

Getting a bad grade
Since I've established a record of straight A's, I'm kind of afraid to get a bad grade. I'll feel ashamed of myself, and plus, lot's of people will talk about me behind my back. But I'm mostly afraid that I will fail myself and let everybody down, and I'm afraid that I won't be able to get into an extension class. 

That's all  I can think of for now, and I'll ad more when it comes. Ciao!

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,079.72
Super Moderators
09-02-2015, 08:29 AM
I'm afraid of bugs to a degree lol... I'm fine with ladybugs and butterflies..but cockroaches, centipedes, bees, mantis, lizards, you name it, i despise them! I also don't like the dark very well... I sleep with a nightlight, and I'm 28 lol... I also have a fear of death...(but then again, don't we all?)...
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
09-02-2015, 09:09 AM
fear itself

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Miles Prower
The Blonde Brainiac

PokéDollars: ₪1,040.11
Registered
09-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Heights: I have minor phobia of heights; although it was a childhood fear that I've grown out of. Sometimes, I feel a little uneasy climbing up great heights. But, it won't stop me from going on roller coasters at a theme park.

Bells: Particularly doorbells and clock bells. Again, a childhood fear. The full chime you hear whenever a new hour ticks by on a clock; yeah. That gave me nightmares and more times then not; I'll just randomly hear that chime go off in my head at night when I'm sleeping...'cause it's pretty much a permanent earworm. I can't stand to listen to bells chime; whether their based in a grandfather clock or they are a doorbell.

Blood: Eh, a minor phobia. But I don't like getting cut; whether it'd be from paper, my cats or anything really. Blood makes me squeamish; but not wanting to make me throw up or anything. I just don't like getting cut is all. And I certainly don't like when other people show me cuts, scrapes, or the like. I just feel uncomfortable.

| My Ask Thread | 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."
(07-03-2013, 07:37 PM)Skye Wrote: You requesting it for free is like walking into a video game store and asking for a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever because it sucked.
49 66 20 79 6f 75 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 61 64 20 74 68 69 73 2c 20 79 6f 75 27 72 65 20 61 6c 6d 6f 73 74 20 61 73 20 73 6d 61 72 74 20 61 73 20 6d 65 21 20
✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
09-02-2015, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015, 03:08 PM by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯.)
I was once afraid of heights, actually, but I talked myself out of it. I guess it's because most of my favourite Pokemon/characters can fly, so why not I fly?

(Ho-Oh. You can fly.)

Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪223.15
Moderators
09-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Centipedes, milipedes, spiders, moths, rollercoasters, sudden changes in elevation, global warming.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
09-04-2015, 04:39 AM
Global warming is a big one. It affects me deeply and sometimes I have anxiety attacks regarding Global Warming. Our summers are hotter, our winters are colder, our air is dryer, and bush fires are ever so frequent, its a common thing.

Rouge007
Ask me about my Guzma

PokéDollars: ₪594.75
Registered
09-04-2015, 10:41 AM
I have an irrational fear of things that do not exist. I know it sounds stupid but I played way to many horror games as a kid and when I am alone I feel like something is coming for me. It's embarrassing. I literally have issues sleeping at night not from fear of someone robbing the house or something somewhat rational, but of things that I cannot control/do not exist (that we know of). I get nightmares at least every other night about all sorts of possessed beings, ghosts, and other monsters attacking me and sometimes it's hard for me to tell what is real and what is not. I know this sounds stupid but there are things called night terrors where I literally have my body in a state of fear where it all feels real and threatening to me.

I have learned to cope with it somewhat and it helps having roommates or being around people. I guess the easiest way to prevent it is to be around people. It can be very frightening sometimes. So I guess its indirectly a fear of being alone, and the dark most certainly doesn't help.

[Image: 33a8c9u.jpg]
thank you @smoakdragon for the sig!
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪223.15
Moderators
09-05-2015, 05:55 PM
(09-04-2015, 04:39 AM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: Global warming is a big one. It affects me deeply and sometimes I have anxiety attacks regarding Global Warming. Our summers are hotter, our winters are colder, our air is dryer, and bush fires are ever so frequent, its a common thing.

The opposite is happening for me. Our winters here are getting hotter, summer season is getting cut short earlier (same for autumn). Last year September we had a few days of snow, on the first week of school, mind you. We are also getting more than our fair share of rainy weather than what is normal for the city. 

Oh, and did I also mention my irritation of seeing customers dumping their paper coffee cups in the trash? It's completely reusable and recyclable and I have no idea as to why they don't realize that. At least I put mine in the proper bin when I dispose of it.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
09-05-2015, 08:20 PM
(09-05-2015, 05:55 PM)Raikou Wrote: At least I put mine in the proper bin when I dispose of it.

Me too! Our school has recycling bins, and students everywhere throw recyclable things in normal bins and things that aren't recyclable in the recycling bins. How annoying!

But this is a thread of fear, so I'll say something I'm completely terrified about:

Food Contamination
This is one of my mortal fears. I'm terrified. My twin sister Lugia knows that well. I simply can't eat anything without inspecting it first. For example, I'm at a restaurant. Let's just say I have a bread roll. Every bite I take, I take a look around and inside the bread to make sure it's alright. For this reason, I take tiny bites. Really tiny bites. I stopped having McDonalds for good, and I hate eating meat, for two reasons. One because I love animals, and two, regarding this topic, I've seen many instances where people have had contaminated meat and raw meat and had deadly diseases. I have a phobia of food contamination.

Once, a long time ago, before I became an animal activist, I found rat droppings in my Chicken McNuggets.I noticed them after I had ate the nuggets. That night, I felt extremely sick, and I felt a huge, sharp, chronic nausea that was worse than all the pain (cuts, wounds, headaches) I had ever felt in my entire lifetime. It happened around two years ago. I felt like vomiting, I had sharp pains and cramps, I felt dizzy and I was shaking violently the next morning. I kept on screaming for the ambulance (it was 1:30 AM), but nobody believed me except for my sister who was crying. I shouted because of the pain, and eventually I had to drink very hot tea. It was very hot, but the burns were nothing compared to the pain I felt. After that, I felt like a rainbow after rain. I felt like an angel had saved my life. Really! I thought I was going to die. I thought I would never make it to see my mathematics examination results.

So there you have it. I'm scared of food contamination.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you afraid of? StrawberryG 7 446 02-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Last Post by StrawberryG
  Naked and Afraid - Would You? WildStar 0 173 06-19-2014, 12:15 AM
Last Post by WildStar