Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
What are your favorite leads?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

What are your favorite leads?
sweets
Do your best☆

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
04-01-2014, 11:00 PM
The start of the battle is often the most important part, and a misstep in your set-up can cause you the whole game. So, what leads do you like to use? My personal favorites would be...

Mamoswine
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Endeavor
Earthquake

Whimsicott
Stun Spore
U-Turn
Leech Seed
Taunt

Beedrill
U-Turn
X-Scissor
Toxic Spikes
Endeavor

What about you guys?
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
04-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Landorus-Therian w/Choice Scarf-
U-turn
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Superpower

An intimidate factor and surprise KO never hurts. Especially when people think they can out speed it.

Smeargle w/Focus Sash-
Spore
Sticky Web
Stealth Rocks
Endeavor (A little surprise never hurts Wink )

Basically your typical hazard set up, with an evil Focus Sash + Endeavor trick.

Ariados w/Focus Sash
Protect
Sticky Web
Toxic Spikes
Sucker Punch

In UU I love using this guy to set up hazards. Not many people would expect to see sticky web in UU, let alone an ariados as it was deemed NU in gen 5. Basically ariados is a sacrifice to set up hazards and break potential sashes.

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
sweets
Do your best☆

Registered
04-02-2014, 02:19 AM
Focus Sash + Endeavor is probably my favorite combination in all of competitive Pokemon especially when I have a priority move to finish them off Big Grin GUARANTEED KILL

♥ Kuroki Tomoko ♥
[Image: KSKLYyG.jpg]
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
04-02-2014, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014, 06:49 PM by Hana Song.)
Back when I was playing, it was generally anything that could apply immediate offensive pressure to as many things as possible. Something fast and hard-hitting, something with great coverage or just the sheer power to make coverage irrelevant. Honestly, generally a Psychic-type or a Dragon-type, most of them were fairly strong and fast. My favourites were definitely Garchomp and Azelf, however.

And then there was Genesect, leagues above those two in my mind. Even with a Choice Band set, it was just so incredibly powerful and efficient in what it was doing. I remember in the team I made with Trinitrotoluene over on Smogon, we ran a CB Genesect as our almost set lead - it handled so many threats so easily, we sent it out first maybe 90% of the time - the number of wins we got against hyper offensive teams because we could OHKO their Deoxys-D on turn 1 with our U-Turn was incredible.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Yunan
The Silent One

Registered
04-03-2014, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014, 04:36 AM by Yunan.)
Paraflinch Jirachi was my favorite back in Gen 5, and I still use him in Gen 6 sometimes, a bit gimmicky, but learns SR, can pass wishes, and Steel/Psyhic is easy to make solid cores with.
DudeThatsErin
Junior Trainer

Registered
09-09-2014, 06:14 AM
I haven't played in so long. I should start playing again! LOL

Those are good start up pokemon!

The Help Me Code Club!

Erin = <3 makeup, dolls, hair <3
Aaron/Aron = football, baseball, beer!

Aka, I'm a girl and take offense to people thinking otherwise because those people are idiots.
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

Registered
10-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Speed boost + protect Yanma is a lot of fun. Speed boost + protect ANYTHING is fun, really. Except when you're on the opposite end, and it feels like all hope is lost...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite battle strategy? ninJAS 20 1,253 03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Last Post by ninJAS