Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
What do your friends think?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

What do your friends think?
smoakdragon
$ money cat $

PokéDollars: ₪970.12
Registered
07-07-2015, 11:29 AM
I definitely have to agree that in the early years of high school, everyone was trying to be "cool" and act older, so everyone pretty much abandoned Pokemon. I noticed that some people during senior year though would bring their DS's in and play when they had free time in class.

In college however, nobody really judges you for what you like and dislike. Not many of my friends like or play Pokemon, but it's pretty popular in college. Many things from your childhood become HUGE when you're in college. I think it's something that connects everybody in someway. I have never I would have seen or heard so many Spongebob references in my life... XD

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪223.15
Moderators
07-07-2015, 03:46 PM
I have grown out of this Pokemon "phase" a long time ago. I used to play the TCG competitively when I was in middle high school and high school, and even a little bit of VG. Now though, I think it is only natural for people to move on from their childhood hobbies/pursuits in favor of things that are more of interest to them.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
07-08-2015, 03:13 AM
I agree that many people try to behave in a cool manner and dislike Pokemon. In my school, people think its just for the little kids and treat my sister and I like we're ghosts (I mean they ignore us in a way). Wait, not ghosts... Haunters!

But I certainly agree that when people become mature, Pokemon is a thing that they'll enjoy. I see signs that some people love Pokemon but they tried to hide it last year. When we were doing a group activity, a group of boys wanted me in their group because I was a great artist (we had to design a board game) and they all admitted that they loved Pokemon (someone said that their favourite Pokemon was Mewtwo, which was one of my favourites!). They still hide it, though, from their friends, and now I realize that everybody is nice but they really want to be cool in those early years of high school.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
NegativeVibe
:D

PokéDollars: ₪22.61
Registered
07-20-2015, 12:06 AM
For me, it depends on the friend. Most of the friends I have who still like Pokemon are those "I ONLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL 150!!!1111!" people. I only have one friend who is still really into it. For me, Pokemon is a strong hobby, but for him it's life. He's huge into the competitive battling and gaming aspect of it. And I played the TCG with him once and yeah, he won by a landslide. That was embarrassing to say the least :')

In college, people are more mature, I will say - at least to an extent - but I still get the "That's for little kids!" thing every once in a while. To which I attempt to respond that what is "for little kids" is defined entirely by society, and I really am going to do whatever I want to do regardless of what people tell me I "should" do. That usually gets them off of my case. And there are a lot of Pokemon fans at my college. I've just had to scrounge around for them. You'll find them in the math/computer/engineering departments, mostly.

See, I don't get phases. Once I start loving something, I do not stop loving it. I'm one of those people who watches My Little Pony and the Land Before Time, too. Who needs maturity? Big Grin I'm a college student and I work too, so it's not like I'm not making any progress in my life, heh.
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
07-20-2015, 03:08 AM
i never stopped being a pokemon maniac, even when i take a hiatus from gaming, anime, and even pokesun. everywhere i go, i can always relate pokemon to something. whether it is looking back at all my good times, role play, science, buying toys (i haven't bought anything in a very very long time).

as to those who say it is for kids, i look forward to showing them the dark side >:3 mauahah. ahem, post over.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
07-28-2015, 04:57 AM
Quote:the Land Before Time, too.

... Woah! You know about that show? Boy do I love that one! I have always loved the Land Before Time, ever since I was a baby. I love how it's so meaningful, and... I'm getting sidetracked. Sorry, I was just excited...

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
07-28-2015, 08:44 AM
(07-28-2015, 04:57 AM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote:
Quote:the Land Before Time, too.

... Woah! You know about that show? Boy do I love that one! I have always loved the Land Before Time, ever since I was a baby. I love how it's so meaningful, and... I'm getting sidetracked. Sorry, I was just excited...

i still have some of the VHS tapes, and some older shows too. i'm old

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
07-28-2015, 03:04 PM
I have some Pokemon Video tapes (the old ones) and other Video tapes including the Land Before Time, Disney moves and old children's shows. Again... I'm getting sidetracked.

Hero
Junior Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-11-2015, 02:46 AM
I am still into the "pokemon phrase". All of my friends are well aware. They don't mind (since most of them played pokemon in their younger years).