Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
What got you into it?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

What got you into it?
Mikaya
Junior Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-18-2014, 06:01 PM
what got you into the TCG in the first place? maybe it was the anime series? or because your friends played it, and you wanted to join them to see how it is?

for me it was the anime. The first ever series. My brother bought me a pack and that's where it all started.
teamplasma
^ ^ ^

PokéDollars: ₪4
Registered
05-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Shortly after I began playing, the first TCG game came out for the Gameboy. After purchasing the TCG game, I looked into the actual card game. I hardly play it now, but I always wanted to get back into it, even though its such a HUGE investment.
Bazinga!
Junior Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-19-2014, 09:37 AM
I use to play it but it seems like a long time ago since I played it. I use to play it with a friend from school and that got me into it. But then I didn't have anyone to play them with anymore so I quite playing it.

[Image: tumblr_ltwo7pMrHy1qbklpr.gif]
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
05-19-2014, 06:15 PM
I started with the TCG when I went over to my neighbors house around age 5-6. I was so intrigued by the card designs that I got really interested in the card series and wanted to learn more about it. I've honestly been more of a collector, but even with my drop of passion for cards, I still find them really interesting. =)

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪219.06
Moderators
05-20-2014, 06:57 PM
My TCG career started when my father and I stumbled upon a card shop. Since I had no prior exposure to any card games at all, I was curious and decided to purchase the Rebellion theme deck that just came out a few months earlier, in 2009. At the same time, I had managed to save just enough money to purchase a Nintendo DS and Pokemon Platinum. Since then, I spent about a year or so browsing through forums, playing with and against the popular decks of that time, tinkering with decklists, and so on. After that, I took a break from TCG for about half a year before I participated in my first few tournaments in 2011.

It's been a couple of years and I hardly remember what happened, but all I know is that it has been a few of the best years of my life. The best part was being able to meet people and making friends with them, even if that is the last time you see them.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]