Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
What new mechanics do you want to see in gen 7?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

What new mechanics do you want to see in gen 7?
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-12-2015, 11:11 PM
I know gen 7 isn't confirmed, but...

With each new gen comes new mechanics. What new things do you want to see? For me, I think it would be nice if flying types look a little less damage from stealth rock.
Joaquin
Poke Fan

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-14-2015, 02:47 AM
New entry hazard types, more powerful entry hazard removal attacks, 5 attack slots, more evolutions for pokemon truly deserving of it (at least a mega evolution), better trainer customization, more intricate story, better rivals, and just more pokemon Smile

[Image: super_saiyan_swagger__dragon_ball_z___ve...69j3i5.png]
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪558.71
Registered
05-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Honestly I am kinda tired of megas -_- just give us some good old fashion evolutions for a change!

Also, 5 attack slots would change so much of the competitive scene...pokemon with 4 moveslot syndrome (Jirachi, Lucario, Lati@s, Dragonite, etc.) would become even more amazing than they already are and hard counters would be even harder to come by since everything would be able to carry an extra coverage/status/healing move.

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
smoakdragon
$ money cat $

PokéDollars: ₪1,043.04
Registered
05-27-2015, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2015, 02:30 PM by smoakdragon.)
I'd only be happy to see Flygon and Luxray get megas. Other than that I think they are too numerous and becoming less special.

Something that probably won't happen in a Pokemon game unless they have a lot of extra room for data, would be mixed Pokemon breeding. It's a concept that has grown in popularity among people and artists have drawn many renditions of it. Here's an example of mixing Golbat with multiple other Pokemon:
Spoiler:
[Image: 2u795ll.png]
This mechanic would probably be very difficult to implement in the games unless it was limited to only some types of Pokemon. Nonetheless I think all the different mixes look cool! Smile

Edit: Wellll... It took me a minute to realize that this was the competitive battling section of the forums, and I just posted in-game stuff all over the place like a ninny. *hides face*

A status healing move would be very nice though. That would change the game considerably!

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
Flyleaf
bright, not just white

PokéDollars: ₪52.34
Registered
06-14-2015, 01:51 PM
(05-27-2015, 11:07 AM)smoakdragon Wrote: I'd only be happy to see Flygon and Luxray get megas. Other than that I think they are too numerous and becoming less special.

Something that probably won't happen in a Pokemon game unless they have a lot of extra room for data, would be mixed Pokemon breeding. It's a concept that has grown in popularity among people and artists have drawn many renditions of it. Here's an example of mixing Golbat with multiple other Pokemon:
Spoiler:
[Image: 2u795ll.png]
This mechanic would probably be very difficult to implement in the games unless it was limited to only some types of Pokemon. Nonetheless I think all the different mixes look cool! Smile

Edit: Wellll... It took me a minute to realize that this was the competitive battling section of the forums, and I just posted in-game stuff all over the place like a ninny. *hides face*

A status healing move would be very nice though. That would change the game considerably!

I believe that there is a homebrew pokemon game being made with that exact mechanic extended heavily into all facets of gameplay. If I remember the name I'll let you know.

On to the official question:
All I want in Gen 7 is Dunsparce. I want him to become a majestic monster. Either by Mega Evolution, an Event, a ridiculously hard-to-get-TM (I'm looking at you Earthquake), or an absolutely silly method. It's been my passion to pray to the Pokemon Gods to make Dunsparce be a useful, if not insanely OP, Pokemon. And no matter what I will still hold on to that single, dying wish.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PokéSun CCAT #1 - Gen VI Overused Hana Song 7 904 04-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post by Jet Stingren