Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Which do you prefer, shiny or normal Pokemon?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Which do you prefer, shiny or normal Pokemon?
WildStar
♩♫♩

PokéDollars: ₪3.34
Registered
06-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Normal, most likely due to the fact that I'm way to lazy to put effort into finding a shiny.

Don't try to get inside my head.The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
06-20-2014, 06:43 PM
They're not ugly! They're amazing!

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-20-2014, 07:06 PM
If we're talking overall, then definitely the normal ones. Very few shinies even look that eye-catching or amazing - in fact, most barely have a color change at all (like Cherrim) and some just have a color change that makes it look downright hideous (like Bellossom).

Though there will always be the notable exceptions (like Slugma).

(The reason I picked the names above, and not more well-known names in the categories like Garchomp, Thundurus, and Greninja respectively, are because everyone will think of those names. There are roughly 711 legitimately shiny Pokemon out there; shininess doesn't quite exist in a mere handful, though some are more common than others.)

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
caramel
Junior Trainer

Registered
06-21-2014, 11:25 AM
It depends... Some shinies are super ugly. My favorite Pokemon, Beedrill, has a really bad shiny. It could have been so much better... I'm always happy to find a shiny though.
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
06-21-2014, 11:40 AM
(06-21-2014, 11:25 AM)caramel Wrote: It depends... Some shinies are super ugly. My favorite Pokemon, Beedrill, has a really bad shiny. It could have been so much better... I'm always happy to find a shiny though.

Very true. It is a bother to have a Pokemon you really like have a shiny that is rather subpar (most of my favorites, fortunately, have shinies that are either okay or better). Overall shinies are hit-and-miss, but yes, there are specific examples that are very good (or very bad).

Though the 2.5-second sparkle animation is rather cumbersome. It wastes a bit of time whenever it happens. I wonder if people do that on purpose to play the clock...

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
smoakdragon
slightly confused cinnamon bun

PokéDollars: ₪1,264.39
Veterans
06-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Well, since I agree with the majority of the people in the sense that it depends on the Pokemon, which determines my preference, I'll tell my shiny encounter stories! ^^

Electrike in Sapphire: I didn't have any pokeballs so I had to KO it. T^T

Gastrodon in Diamond: caught him! It was the blue one too! :3

Stanler in SoulSilver: caught her! She's lime green and purty. Big Grin

Ratata in Black 2: It was in the part of the story when your fighting in the sewers along side with your rival, and his Pignite KO'd it! Crying

Female Espurr in Y: caught her! She has a spot secured on my team, getting ready to take on the elite four!

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
FireLeo
Hot as the Sun

PokéDollars: ₪1,082.89
Registered
07-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Honestly, shiny Pokémon are just rare recolours, which is why I don't care much for them. The only time I would ever prefer a shiny over a regular Pokémon is when the original has a terrible colour scheme and the shiny one-ups the original. That or when the shiny has the superior stats.

L I G H T N I N G  S T R I K E S  A G A I N !
[Image: fire_leo_banner_by_galliumgrant-daq2jpl.png]
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
07-08-2014, 05:32 AM
I made a reply here, but it didn't work so, I guess I'll redo it.

I prefer both shiny and non-shiny, but it is great to have shiny Pokemon too, since they are really rare and feel like a treasure. I remember Elena once walking through a long patch of grass without a repel. She encountered a Pokemon and was really annoyed, but it turned out to be a shiny Cresselia with no cheat devices used. And also, I think shiny Weavile and Sneasel are awesome, and since Silver is my favourite human character and has a Weavile and it's his closest partner, I may feel slightly offended if someone calls them ugly.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Joaquin
Poke Fan

Registered
07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Depends on the shiny... If the shiny looks better than the original then I'm gonna want it but that's rarely the situation with the Pokemon I enjoy using (Crobat, Scizor, Machamp, etc.)

[Image: super_saiyan_swagger__dragon_ball_z___ve...69j3i5.png]
poke23
Junior Trainer

Registered
10-14-2014, 11:45 PM
for me it depends on what color variations they end up getting.. if it is florescent... I will more likely not like it as much.
I like normal colored pokemon but is fun to have something different.
One thing I really like is having a pokemon and have it come in different colors or a couple of different colors for some variation. Such as vivilion or deerling.

Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokemon headcanons? L6l9 0 421 11-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post by L6l9
  Pokemon Colors smoakdragon 4 787 10-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post by L6l9
  If you could change anything about Pokémon, what would it be? Zueq 3 933 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Pokemon: I Choose You! Movie 2017 (Trailer) Zueq 9 1,165 03-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon