Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
XY: Bug Team 2.0
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

XY: Bug Team 2.0
Joaquin
Poke Fan

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
11-27-2013, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:02 PM by Hana Song.)
I thought I'd update my bug team so here's the new adjustments. Please give me some feedback

Crush (Pinsir) (M) @Pinsirite
Ability: Aerialate
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Role: Since I didnt think about using a Mega Pinsir, I didnt add quick attack to him but Return is still a powerful attack that can 2hit KO pokemon that doesnt resist it. Crush's major role is pretty much being a physical sweeper. X-scissor and Return provide strong STAB attacks, Stone Edge deals with pesky flying type (and the occasional ice type) while earthquake deals with the fire, rock, and steel types

Clippers (Scizor) (M) @ Left Overs
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Pursuit
- Roost
Role: I tried experimenting different tactics with my Scizor and Ive found success using this loadout. He's pretty much a physical wall but he's capable of doing some damage as well. Bullet Punch gets STAB and an increase through technician. It's also a priority move so thats great as well. X-scissor hits hard and I wasn't able to give it bug bite so it had to work. Roost helps it recover any fatal hits and with its high HP and defense stats, it makes it a pain to deal with. Lastly I gave him Pursuit to counter Aegislash as I was having difficulty with him. With the technician boost Im able to hit opposing Aegislash hard and attack retreating psychic type as well.

Grim (Shedinja) (N/A) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Phantom Force
- X-Scissor
- Will O' Wisp
- Protect
Role: I love Shedinja to death and I always have fun watching opponents try in vain to hit him. Grim is pretty much a troll. Usually the first pokemon I send out, he's a scout to see what people are packing. Phantom Force was a lovely new attack that was given him in Gen 6 so i decided to use that instead of the favored shadow sneak. Much stronger and can't be protected against. X-scissor obviously provides good STAB coverage. Will O' Wisp helps weaken pokemon and leaves room for the rest of my team to clean up shop. Of course Protect is there to makes sure Grim can avoid some hits

Blur (Yanmega) (M) @ ???
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 6 SpDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Ancient Power
Role: Blur is a special sweeper and pretty much it. Bug Buzz and Air Slash are good stab attacks that can hit hard with Air Slash providing good chances for flinching. Protect gives it an oppurtunity to boost its speed stat and ancient power, although weak, hits fire types and flying types as well with the added bonus of possibly boosting all the stats by one level. Im still not sure what I should let it hold though.

Voltage (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EV's: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 6 SpDef
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Sticky Web
Role: Voltage's job is to be a jerk. Sticky Web it up so switching pokemon are slowed down... That's pretty much it. His attacks can do massive damage but his defenses are poor so he rarely gets to attack. He's pretty much a sacrificial pawn.

Sprinkles (Vivillion) (M) @ ???
Ability: Compound Eyes
EV's: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 6 SpDef
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Powder
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
Role: I initially didnt care for Vivillion but he's definitely grown on me. With his impressive speed stat coupled with Compound Eyes, Sprinkles does work with Sleep Powder and Hurricane. Powder is a good way to troll fire types. Still don't know what to let it hold though

[Image: super_saiyan_swagger__dragon_ball_z___ve...69j3i5.png]
Ombra

Registered
11-29-2013, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 09:01 PM by Ombra.)
Scizor's only usable move with SD is Bullet Punch. If you want bug, use Bug Bite. You're not outspeeding anything anyway.

M-Heracross has skill link. Make use of it. 5 turn Rock Blast/Pin Missile are better than Stone-Miss and Megahorn. It gets Arm Thrust, but CC is better. I usually run bullet seed for extra coverage.

What is Blur?

Quote:Ninjask is the best baton passer in the game.
Scolipede beats it in literally every singe aspect.

Spoiler:
Also, props for mono-bug. Easily my favourite type
ninJAS
The Phoenix of Bariura Rises!

PokéDollars: ₪445.11
Registered
11-29-2013, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM by ninJAS.)
Using the moves Ombra mentioned really are the only good thing about M-Heracross so I agree completely with him on the 3 5hit moves. Also, I've found that Earthqauke is more useful than it's Fighting STAB due to it being absolutely walled by Aegislash which is extremely common though Volcarona can handle most of it's sets with relative ease....Stealth Rocks will kill it rather quickly however.

I assume Blur is a Yanmega? If that is the case and you are using Specs on it then you definitely do not want Protect as it really makes no sense to me...

Also, Scolipede is in fact a much better Baton Passer than Ninjask this Gen due to it's better typing, offenses, and Speed Boost ability.

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

[Image: OzMV8j1.png]

Thanks to Bloom for my Avatar, Signature, and Profile Background ^^
Joaquin
Poke Fan

Registered
12-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the input... truth is I'm still in the process of training these guys so I haven't been able to use any of them in a battle. I didn't realize that M-Heracross had Skill Link so I will alter his attacks accordingly. Also I didn't realize Scolipede can learn Baton Pass... but I wouldn't be able to add him to the team or it would throw off the dynamic of the team. And does it have to be bug bite? What's wrong with X-scissor?

ninJAS
The Phoenix of Bariura Rises!

PokéDollars: ₪445.11
Registered
12-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Bug Bite receives a Technitian boost making it stronger than X-scissor.

Scolipede got a massive buff this Gen as not only was it's base Attack raised but it also received Speed Boost rather than Quick Feet as a hidden ability making it and even better Pokemon that it was before (No idea why it was dropped to NU in the first place last Gen because it was amazing...). Really I don't see how replacing Ninjask for Scolipede would throw off your team's dynamics since you already have a Bug/Flying type in Yanmega. Scolipede would actually improve things IMO since you have a Pokemon that not only can Baton Pass useful boosts to any team member but you also have a Pokemon that can absorb Toxic Spikes which tend to be a bother to the rest of your team overall since Heracross loses Guts when it goes Mega and only Yanmega and Scizor have any type of recovery.

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

[Image: OzMV8j1.png]

Thanks to Bloom for my Avatar, Signature, and Profile Background ^^
Joaquin
Poke Fan

Registered
12-03-2013, 12:39 AM
I forgot about technician with my scizor... funny... anyways the reason that replacing Ninjask with Scolipede would mess with the team is because it would eliminate my 3rd Gen bug Pokemon. The idea of Scolipede though is sounding pretty good though... Not gonna lie.

Joaquin
Poke Fan

Registered
04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Updated: Please give it a look see

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 910 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon