Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
XY: First Generation VI Team
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

XY: First Generation VI Team
Kevin
Member of Thespian Troupe 1139

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-07-2013, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:06 PM by Hana Song.)
X and Y Team

[Image: 620.png]
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / Spe
Adamant Nature
-Fake Out
-Taunt
-U Turn
-Hi Jump Kick

Mienshao is the lead and an annoying one at that. It starts with fake out to flinch the opponent to at least deal a bit of damage to the opponent. Next, if he's facing a set up lead like Carbink or Espeon, taunt is the next choice. U-turn is used if he's facing a psychic type set up like Espeon and switching out, regenerating health as well, or against a hopeless threat. Finally, Hi Jump Kick is a very powerful STAB.

[Image: 196.png]
Espeon @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
Evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic
-Baton Pass/Sunny Day

Basic Espeon set. She sets up the screens, preferably Reflect first to make up for her low defense but usually it depends on what pokemon is out. Psychic is to deal damage at frail opponents and so that it isn't completely taunt bait. And baton pass is used to escape Scizor with pursuit. Also, magic bounce! Klefki ain't got nothing on Espeon! Also, Sunny Day is optional as it gives a boost for the next pokemon...

[Image: 229-m.png]
Houndoom @ Houndoomite
Trait: Flash Fire/Solar Power
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Sludge Bomb
-Solarbeam

Houndoom! This guy is a really underrated mega! It can switch in one a psychic type move that was aimed for Mienshao. It can mega evolve while the pokemon switches out. It has a great move pool. Flamethrower and Dark Pulse are the main STABs while solar beam is for coverage against three of Houndoom's weakness. Plus it is boosted by the sun, if Espeon sets it up. Sludge bomb is for fairies that it is weak to.

[Image: 709.png]
Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
Evs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
-Leech Seed
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest
-Horn Leech

Now, I decided to pick this set as it restores HP as well as heal status conditions. Leech Seed is to restore health, Will-O-Wisp is to cut the attackers attack stat so that Trevenant's weak defense stat can hold up physical attacks. Rest is to heal status conditions, and restore health with also waking up using Lum Berry. Horn leech is to gain some health while also attacking.

[Image: 121.png]
Starmie @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 SAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Rapid Spin

My spinner because this generation is going to be filled with webs, rocks and more. Considering two of my pokemon are weak to rocks, Starmie needs to be there to get rid of the hazards with Rapid Spin. Next thunderbolt is for coverage, Ice Beam is for dragons, and grass types. Hydro Pump or Surf are STAB.

[Image: 663.png]
Talonflame @ Choice Band
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-U-Turn
-Steel Wing

Basic Talonflame. This is my favorite Talonflame set as it abuses the Gale Wings ability. Brave Bird is the move to use unless it the other pokemon resists it. It has +1 Priority, making it the strongest priority move in the game. This attack is devastating, or as I've seen it and most pokemon can't survive a brave bird. It's backed up by the Choice Band, Admant Nature, full investment and STAB. So yeah... there's that. Flare Blitz is there for a secondary STAB to hit those electric and steel types that resist the brave bird. U-Turn is basic for a choiced set. Steel wing is a coverage moves to hit rock types that resist both of its STAB moves. And, also, Talonflame gives me the Fairy resist I want the flying typing I want and a counter to Mega Pinsir, which would otherwise destroy my team.

[b]Substitutions:

Spoiler:
[Image: 310-m.png]
Manetric @ Manectite
Trait: Lightningrod --> Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Electric Terrain/Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch
-Flamethrower

This is a replacement for Houndoom. It can switch in on a flying type lead after Mienshao U-turn and take minimal damage. Next, electric terrain is used in case I predict that the pokemon may switch out. This powers up electric type moves by 50%. Thunderbolt is devastating! Volt switch is to switch out in case Manectric can't take on an opponent. Flamethrower is a coverage move and I still don't understand why it learns it.

[Image: 169.png]
Crobat @ Choice Band
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-U-Turn
-Brave Bird
-Cross Poison
-X-Scissor

Now here's a true replacement for Salamence. I noticed that my team was really weak to Fairy, having three pokemon weak to it. So I decided to replace a useless pokemon on my team with something that resisted it while still retaining the speed I wanted and also being choiced. This is a classic Choice Band set with U-Turn if I want to switch out, Brave Bird with amazing power with STAB + Band + High BSP. Cross Poison is another STAB that has high critical hit ratio and a chance of inflicting poison which is nice. And X-Scissor is a slightly more powerful bug type move for psychic types if I don't think U-Turn is the right choice.

Past Pokemon
Spoiler:
[Image: 373.png]
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Now, the cheap revenge killer. Classic Scarfmence. Self-explanatory. Too bad that it doesn't learn a physical steel or poison type move.

[Image: 094.png]
Gengar @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam
-Sludge Bomb
-Subsitute

Gengar is a replacement for Salamence until I can get a hidden ability Bagon. Gengar has great coverage and during team preview, my opponent might guess that Gengar is the mega evolution instead of Houndoom just because of the underrated Rottweiler. It has three great moves which hit anything neutrally and substitute is used to protect against status conditions.

Anyway, there it is! I know ET is a gimmicky move but I just want a little bit of variety in my battles. I haven't used this team yet because I'm still halfway through breeding them. I just need a Bagon with its hidden ability. Any offers? Anyway, thanks for reading!

*CHANGES ARE IN BOLD

[Image: 0KOwHeL.png]
Credits to Fairy Princess Bloom for this awesome signature!

Super Smash Bros Survival Role-Play

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

Fennekin_Fireninja653
Master Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪256.2
Registered
12-07-2013, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 02:35 PM by Fennekin_Fireninja653.)
Houndoom @ Houndoomite

Manetric @ Manectite

@Kevin ONLY 1 CAN MEGA EVOLVE

other than that it's a great team

[Image: 2ezk66b.png]

Thank you Zueq for the Signature & Avatar Smile

[Image: fenniken_s_fiery_ambition_fenniken_pokem...6e0yza.png]

My ASB Profile

Kevin

Registered
12-07-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 02:41 PM by Kevin.)
(12-07-2013, 01:03 PM)Kevin Wrote: Substitutions:

[Image: 310-m.png]
Manetric @ Manectite
Trait: Lightningrod --> Intimidate
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Electric Terrain/Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch
-Flamethrower

This is a replacement for Houndoom. It can switch in on a flying type lead after Mienshao U-turn and take minimal damage. Next, electric terrain is used in case I predict that the pokemon may switch out. This powers up electric type moves by 50%. Thunderbolt is devastating! Volt switch is to switch out in case Manectric can't take on an opponent. Flamethrower is a coverage move and I still don't understand why it learns it.

@Fenniken25 Why don't you read instead of looking at the pictures.

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
12-07-2013, 03:03 PM
On the original team, you have three Pokemon that are weak to Dark-type and Ghost-type moves, and only one Pokemon to resist Ghost-type moves, which is your Mega; you want to keep your mega as undamaged as possible, and it doesn't appreciate unnecessary damage. I would suggest placing an offensive Fairy type on your team, probably in place of Starmie. Sylveon makes a great special wall and attacker, and adds synergy to your team. However, Azumarill could play this role as a physical attacker, which your team really needs.

I'm not too crazy about Trevenant's set, but that's only because I prefer a more stallish variant. I've tried Lum Berry + Harvest + Rest, but it didn't accomplish much. Also, Horn Leech isn't a great move. Here is the set that I run:

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Will-O-Wisp
Substitute
Leech Seed
Curse

I like this set because it allows Trevenant to be a special wall and to take down physical attackers' Attack stats. Curse goes through subs and allows it to be a wall breaker. Sub + LS helps it live longer while giving residual damage to the enemy.

There's nothing particularly wrong with the set you have, I just hope it works better for you than it did for me Wink

If you decide to keep Starmie, I would switch Dazzling Gleam with Ice Beam since you are in need of an Ice type move.

Other than that, it's a solid team. ^^

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/7yWZOgj.png[/img]
Thanks to FPB for the signature and avatar~

Check out my ASB profile! (or not... either way, it's there Tongue)

My FC is 0130-2313-2579; Let me know yours!
Fennekin_Fireninja653
Master Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪256.2
Registered
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 03:20 PM by Fennekin_Fireninja653.)
@Kevin

also i would have Gengar @ Gengarite as a Replacement

also Salamance is weak compared to Garchomp @ Garchompite

so Garchomp instead of Salamance ?

[Image: 2ezk66b.png]

Thank you Zueq for the Signature & Avatar Smile

[Image: fenniken_s_fiery_ambition_fenniken_pokem...6e0yza.png]

My ASB Profile

Kevin

Registered
12-07-2013, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 03:20 PM by Kevin.)
(12-07-2013, 03:03 PM)FormerOG767 Wrote: On the original team, you have three Pokemon that are weak to Dark-type and Ghost-type moves, and only one Pokemon to resist Ghost-type moves, which is your Mega; you want to keep your mega as undamaged as possible, and it doesn't appreciate unnecessary damage. I would suggest placing an offensive Fairy type on your team, probably in place of Starmie. Sylveon makes a great special wall and attacker, and adds synergy to your team. However, Azumarill could play this role as a physical attacker, which your team really needs.

I'm not too crazy about Trevenant's set, but that's only because I prefer a more stallish variant. I've tried Lum Berry + Harvest + Rest, but it didn't accomplish much. Also, Horn Leech isn't a great move. Here is the set that I run:

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Will-O-Wisp
Substitute
Leech Seed
Curse

I like this set because it allows Trevenant to be a special wall and to take down physical attackers' Attack stats. Curse goes through subs and allows it to be a wall breaker. Sub + LS helps it live longer while giving residual damage to the enemy.

There's nothing particularly wrong with the set you have, I just hope it works better for you than it did for me Wink

If you decide to keep Starmie, I would switch Dazzling Gleam with Ice Beam since you are in need of an Ice type move.

Other than that, it's a solid team. ^^

Thanks for the feedback without completely changing my team or hurting my feelings. ^^ When I was writing this, I kept realizing how many special attackers I have on this team. The only two physical attackers I have currently are Mienshao and Salamence and I don't even have Mence yet. Until Dec. 21st that is but then everybody will have their B/W Pokemon and then Mence will be common and boring. Anyway, I'm now considering Azumarill, due to her powerful dual STAB.

I originally had that same set for Trevenant that you posted but I decided to change it last minute to see what people would say. A Youtuber I watch on YouTube uses the Lum Set and is successful most of the time. After using Lum Trevenant, I'll test how Sitrus works and I'll compare them.

(12-07-2013, 03:16 PM)Fenniken25 Wrote: @Kevin

also i would have Gengar @ Gengarite as a Replacement

also Salamance is weak compared to Garchomp @ Garchompite

Garchomp is terribly walled by Togekiss, as it is immune to both of Garchomp's STABs. And I want a Choiced Salamence not a Choiced Garchomp. Plus I already have a Mega.

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

Registered
12-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Nice team! Is that Starmie you're using really going to be a shiny?

Despite your Salemence's inability to have any poison/steel moves to counter Fairy-types, most Fairy types have low Defenses. So I think if you have a strong enough physical non-Dragon/Bug/Dark/Fighting move, you'll take one down without having to worry about it.
Kevin

Registered
12-08-2013, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 11:59 PM by Kevin.)
I made a few changes to the team! @FormerOG767 mind giving me feedback? Changes are in bold.

I still have those weaknesses to ghost and dark.... Arg...the struggle.

Actually, how about replacing Starmie with Umbreon. It gives me a more defensive pokemon contrary to Trevenant's special defense and it resists Ghost and Dark!

Sorry, thinking to myself.

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
12-09-2013, 11:35 AM
If you added a dark type, you would have two weaknesses to Fairy and only Crobat to deal with it Wink

I'm on a mobile device right now, so it's pretty difficult to go in depth right now. I say just go for what you feel it should be; most people are using defensive Fairy types anyways.

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/7yWZOgj.png[/img]
Thanks to FPB for the signature and avatar~

Check out my ASB profile! (or not... either way, it's there Tongue)

My FC is 0130-2313-2579; Let me know yours!
Kevin

Registered
12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm just going to go and breed the current team and then add Umbreon or something else, after I test my team.

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 1,246 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 948 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,049 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM