Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
XY: Gen VI Rain RMT
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

XY: Gen VI Rain RMT
FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
11-06-2013, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:10 PM by Hana Song.)
Exportable:
Spoiler:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 180 Spd / 76 Atk / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost
- Waterfall

Heliolisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Hey guys, here is my Gen VI team that I've been using lately, and I like it a lot; I think it's pretty solid, but I know that you guys can think of something it can use ^^

[Image: 600px-235Smeargle.png]
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

A basic Smeargle support set, but with a new tune thanks to the new move, Sticky Web. For those of you who may not know, Sticky Web is a new entry hazard that lowers the opposing team's Speed, should they land on it. Although I have a team with pretty fast Pokemon, this allows me more leniency in the aspect of whether I want a nature that raises an attack stat or a speed stat; as you will see, I have mostly all of my Pokemon with beneficial attack stats because of this move. The other moves are just for basic support.

[Image: 149Dragonite.png]
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 180 Spd / 76 Atk / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost
- Waterfall

The menacing bulky king of Gen V OU returns, and with a vengeance. I wanted to make my team with some sort of Fairy counter so this guy could be more of a threat, but then I figured, Fairies aren't that big of a threat; I could just switch into any other Pokemon if I have to.

[Image: 695Heliolisk.png]
Heliolisk @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Let me start off by saying, Heliolisk is a monster with Choice Specs. However, it is a fair menace without them as well. Also, on a rain team, this thing can live for days if played properly. I chose Volt Switch over T-bolt or Thunder because it gives me an opportunity to get switch initiative, which I can appreciate anytime. Surf does much damage in the rain, and HP Fire is for basically anything that needs it that my other Pokemon can't check (I did have this problem before).

[Image: 600px-186Politoed.png]
Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis

My main man, he's the one who give Heliolisk everlasting life and Ludicolo vitality and speed. He also plays a minor support role. I'm sure you've seen him a million times before :>

[Image: 272Ludicolo.png]
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

If I see a Smeargle on the opponent's team, I know it's time to lead with Ludicolo since he will absorb the Spore, and can easily 2HKO it. It does a lot of damage very quickly granted rain is up, and looks like a blur when I have Sticky Web on the field. He also shares Politoed's nifty color scheme, which I can appreciate.

[Image: gardevoir-mega.png]
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace ~ Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

I couldn't find any good pictures of her I'm sorry okay don't kick me ;-;
I really like this Pokemon; not only does she have an amazing ability in Trace, but she is able to counter almost anything that the rest of my team cannot. If the opponent has a usable ability, such as Flash Fire or Intimidate, then I can switch her in to threaten the opposing Pokemon out, then proceed to set up a Calm Mind. In addition, once she has one or two Calm Minds up, she is able to wreck nearly anything, and Sticky Web only adds to her abilities.

You may have noticed that I reduced unnecessary IVs down to zero; this is because I despise confusion and Foul Play.

So, that's my team. I hope it's any good, and feel free to try it out if you like ^^

EDIT: In an ideal world, this is how it should work.

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/7yWZOgj.png[/img]
Thanks to FPB for the signature and avatar~

Check out my ASB profile! (or not... either way, it's there Tongue)

My FC is 0130-2313-2579; Let me know yours!
Kevin
Member of Thespian Troupe 1139

Registered
11-07-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 10:12 PM by Kevin.)
Solid team. I like the synergy and the flexibility using rain. I've used this team and I agree. Mega Gardevoir destroys anything!

Edit: Ferrothron walls this team pretty badly. Smeargle can't put it to sleep with spore. All of Dragonite's attacks are resisted. Politoed can't deal major damage to it. And Gardevoir doesn't have focus blast which would counter it. Heliolisk with HP Fire and Ludicolo with Focus Blast are your only real counter for it. However, one has low damage since Heliolisk is using leftovers instead of specs, and one is fairly unreliable.

Also, with 155 ATK, and 130 SpD, Mega Gyrados destroys this team. Once it gets 2 Dragon Dances going, this team stands no chance. Heliolisk could come in and try to KO it with Volt Switch before the DDs but it won't do much despite Gyrados's relatively low defense since it's a special attacker. Since your team is mostly special attackers, Mega Gyrados will wall some hits before going down which might be after KOing four of your pokemon.

Source: Personal Experience

[Image: 0KOwHeL.png]
Credits to Fairy Princess Bloom for this awesome signature!

Super Smash Bros Survival Role-Play

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
11-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Yu could always run Night Daze over Spore on Smeargle to ensure that nothing is safe from sleep. Sure it has lower accuracy but it is still higher than Sleep Powder so it is perfectly viable.

Also even after 1 DD Ludicolo should still outspeed if rain is still up and if Gyarados does turn out to be Mega than it's Typing become Water/Dark so Giga Drain and Focus Blast both become super effective hits. It will still give your some problems though regardless though I honestly haven't ran into one yet.

The only main concerning thing that worries me is the lack of Ghost type to spin block. It's always upsetting to get all your hazards set up just to get them spun away anytime to don't predict correctly.

Otherwise a fairly solid team Former ^^ not bad at all.

Oh and @Kevin Dnite deals neutral damage to Ferrothorn with Hurricane and Earthquake not resisted Wink

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Kevin
Member of Thespian Troupe 1139

Registered
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 03:10 PM by Kevin.)
Haha! I was just walking home from school and I was thinking, "Wait a minute, Gyrados turns into a Water/Dark type after it mega evolves." Facepalm

Anyway, Hurricane would be a good against Ferrothrorn. I would add in a physical attacker who has access to rapid spin. I'm not sure because I haven't tested it out but I think Cloyster could be added to this team. I'm just not sure who it would replace. Anyway this set could work well:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Rapid Spin
-Icicle Spear
-Shell Smash
-Rock Blast

It gives you rapid spin support which could help this team from taking entry hazards, as well as walling some physical attackers but also giving your team a physical attacker.

[Image: 0KOwHeL.png]
Credits to Fairy Princess Bloom for this awesome signature!

Super Smash Bros Survival Role-Play

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

ninJAS

Veterans
11-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Excadrill is also a very plausible offensive Rapid Spinner that could function well on this team since it lacks a Steel type and is immune to Electric which is usually a pretty big issue for all rain teams.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance/Substitute

That is a fully offensive spread but I prefer this one myself since it hits just as hard, is able to take a few hits in return, and is still relatively quick.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Substitute

FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
11-10-2013, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013, 07:14 PM by FormerOG767.)
Well, time for some team revisions. I honestly love Dragonite, but I would say that he is the weak link on my team, just because I have plenty of defensive Pokemon. And, about two days ago, I was just thinking how badly my team needed a spinblocker Tongue So, here are my decisions:

I kinda actually just mixed this team with another team that I had HeHe!

Dragonite, Ludicolo, and Gardevoir have been struck from the team.

Politoed gained a Choice Specs, and these stats:

Politoed @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I have added these three Pokemon:

[Image: 658Greninja.png]
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Shadow Sneak

[Image: 094Gengar-Mega.png]
Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate ~ Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder

[Image: 600px-530Excadrill.png]
Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

These Pokemon are pretty awesome, and will give my team just the offensive capability that I've been looking for. Also, Gengar can serve as a Rapid Spin blocker as well as a trapper; as most Spinners seems to be Excadrill and Starmie, he'll take care of them before the opponent could even have time to react. I opted Iron Head over Substitute for more coverage over Fairy and Flying types (why did I say this I didn't mean it ;-; ).

So, just to make sure everyone is on the same page, here is the lineup:

[Image: 600px-235Smeargle.png][Image: 695Heliolisk.png][Image: 600px-186Politoed.png][Image: 658Greninja.png][Image: 094Gengar-Mega.png][Image: 600px-530Excadrill.png]

Revised exportable:

Spoiler:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder

Politoed @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Shadow Sneak

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder

Legacy
Resident Metalhead

PokéDollars: ₪25.59
Registered
11-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Just a heads up in case you weren't aware, Drizzle no longer brings up permanent rain. Apparently it lasts 5 turns now (8 with Damp Rock) much like Rain Dance does.

The team is looking good now though. I personally haven't ever been a fan of Smeargle as it's too easy to play around, but it fits onto the team so no complaints here =]
FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
11-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah, it still works pretty well. I thought about using a Damp Rock, but I figured if I had good enough synergy on my team, I could still make it work.

And honestly, this is my first time using Smeargle, solely because he can use Sticky Web. None of the Pokemon that could naturally use it appeal to me, besides maybe Galvantula in a lower tier.

Thank you all for your input ^^

ninJAS

Veterans
11-11-2013, 12:39 AM
The revised team looks much better and appears to function fairly well ^^ The only reason I run Sub on Excadrill is because it puts a lot of pressure on my opponent because they pretty much have to choose a Pokemon to die in order to get around its Sub because of its great offenses and Excadrill can surprisingly set up on A LOT of Pokemon and forces other to go for inaccurate moves thanks to its great typing (Gimmie dat Focus Miss :3).

Just want to note that in all honesty Galvantula has become EXTREMELY popular this gen because it is the only Pokemon that gets Sticky Web AND poses an offensive threat as well. It is most commonly seen on Hyper Offensive teams due to its good Speed stat meaning it will almost always get SW up.

It could possibly work well on this team as well but you already have Heliolisk so it is pretty outclassed...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,526 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  XY: Trick Room [Gen VI OU] Yunan 3 1,993 12-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Last Post by Yunan
  BW: ☁Gen 5 Doubles: Trick Rain☁ Bloom 2 1,795 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Last Post by Bloom