Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
XY: ORAS UU - Absol
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

XY: ORAS UU - Absol
Jet Stingren
Swan Song At Dawn!

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
04-07-2015, 11:31 PM
[Image: 359.png]

Absol, this one of my favorite mons from Generation III. When I heard it was getting a mega I was hyped. But, enough about that. Absol, is a offensive powerhouse on both ends specially in mega form. It's a rare sight to see a mon with fluent support on both ends to help it out in Absols case it can do this while in mega forme which is amazing.

Regular Absol Stats: [465] 65 / 120 / 60 / 75 / 60 / 75
Mega Absol Stats: [565] 65 / 150 / 60 / 115 / 60 / 115

Typing: Absol is a pure dark type which benefits it well enough with Dark being one of the best typings out there in the Generation VI meta Absol will not disappoint, it's weak to 3 types being Fairy, Fighting and Bug. It's strong against Psychic, and Ghost.

Movepool: As I said earlier. Absols movepool is open it as the opportunity and stats to be a physical sweeper, a special sweeper, or even a mixed one such as this set below.

[Image: 359.gif] | [Image: 359-mega.gif]
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure / Magic Bounce
EVs: 224 Spd / 34 Atk / 252 SAtk
Naive or Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

Sucker Punch - Sucker Punch is here for the priority boost. M-Absol when invested in SAtk can miss out on some KOs even on switch ins so Sucker Punch fixes this problem 80% of the time. Sucker Punch hits a target before they attack you. This move can fail if the opposer is not attacking you.

Fire Blast - This is Absols way to break past some steels. I know dark is not resisted to Steel anymore but. The extra SE damage on mons will help it have a better chance at KOing foes. Fire Blast has a 80% accuracy, and has a 10% chance of burning.

Ice Beam / Thunderbolt - Normally, I would put two slashed moes and explain them both indivually but these moves do the same, but have different coverage value its truly up to you on what coverage you may need from M-Absol on your team.

Dark Pulse - This is Absols main STAB. This move gets off some decent damage with a 20% chance to flinch a opponent.

Checks & Counters

[Image: 242.gif] - Blissey [Defensive Varients]

Spoiler:
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Bold Nature
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Blissey has no problem in tanking hits from Absol. Normally, you'd want to exploit it's low defenses but since SP is your only physical this is the problem. Another thing is that Blissey can heal as well so it can 100% outstall you.

[Image: 671.gif] - Florges [Defensive Varients]

Spoiler:
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Toxic

Florges has no problem in taking out Absol. With its great base 154 SDef stat it's gonna eat up Absols attacks easily. It also has suitable recovery with Wish as well. Moonblast is undoubtably the problem here as it will deal massive damage to Absol since it's so frail.

[Image: 244.gif] - Entei [Assault Vest Varients]

Spoiler:
Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SDef / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Since Entei has a Assault Vest on it all of Absols attacks will not be doing alot to it. Even after SR, it's special attacks are not enough to 2HKO Entei at all. Depending on rolls you'll maybe 3HKO. But, Absol will not be able to live long enough to see the as Scared Fire is not something you wanna stay in on.

I Recommend!

[Image: 073.gif] - Tentacruel [Defensive Varients]

Spoiler:
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off / Sludge Bomb

Would you believe that Tentacruel resists all of Absols weaknesses? Well, it's true. Tenta resists Fairy, Bug, and Fighting which is amazing cause it can come in comfortably on the above checks / counters somewhat freely.

[Image: 385.gif] - Jirachi [Specially Defensive Varients]

Spoiler:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SDef / 44 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Substitute / Thunder Wave

Jirachi makes for a great special wall for Absol. It also has the option to set up SR to help weaken foes making it easier to kill foes off after switchins. You can also speed cripple things to allow more options for your team. If you run Sub this allows you to beat Blissey 1v1 cause it would take two Seismic Tosses to break the sub.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: ORAS UU - Tentacruel Jet Stingren 3 593 07-25-2015, 10:48 PM
Last Post by Blaze
  XY: ORAS NU - Tropius Jet Stingren 1 321 04-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Last Post by Joaquin