Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU]
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU]
Cujo
Junior Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
01-19-2014, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:03 PM by Hana Song.)
Okay so this is my most successful team so far in 6th gen. It peaked a little under 2100 (I think it was 2093) and most likely would have got higher if I didn't go on a camping trip and my points reset. Anyway this is my version of a stall team one of my friends told me to use. For those of you that don't know what a stall team is basically its a team of defensive Pokémon that aim to wear down the opponents team rather than win with power. So without further ado here is the team.

[Image: 485.png]
Calm@Leftovers@Flash Fire
Stealth Rock
Lava Plume
Will-o-Wisp
Ancient Power
252HP/252Sp.Def/4Sp.Atk

Heatran is the first member of this team and one of the most important. Heatran's main role in this team is to provide a reliable switch in to both Genesect and Talonflame and OHKO them with Lava Plume and Ancient Power respectively. He also reliably sets up SR for me and can do it multiple times in a battle which is important with Defog running around. SR is also extremely important in wearing down my opponent and a lot of the time is the key to me winning. Will-O-Wisp is for spreading burns crippling physical attackers making them easy to wall while also allowing me to wear down quicker. Lava Plume provides a powerful Stab option and also has a chance to burn which again helps me greatly in wearing down and beating my opponent.

[Image: 003-m.png]
Calm@Venusaurite@ Chlorophyll >> Thick Fat
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Roar
252HP/224Sp.Def/32Def

Mega Venusuar is vastly becoming a staple on 6th gen stall team and for good reason. Its just so good. It walls so many common threats in the current OU metagame and with its ability Thick Fat doesn't play like a traditional grass type. MVenusuar gives me a reliable switch into so many threats such as Azumarill, Genesect, Aegislash, Keldeo, Greninja, Mawile and Rotom-W just to name a few. He also does an extremely good job at wearing down the opponent. Sleep Powered allows me to pretty much get rid of one Pokémon or at leats not worry about it for a while. Leech Seed is for recovery purpose and helps me wear down the opponent. Giga Drain is a strong stab and again is used for healing purposes. Lastly Roar may seem counter productive with Leech Seed but gives me the chance to phase Pokémon that start to become to much for my team to handle. The EVs allows me to take pretty much any special hit and the 32 def EV help with walling Azumarill and taking Play Roughs from MMawile. Heatran and MVensuaur have great synergy together and make a solid defensive core allowing me to take on many relevant threats in todays metagame.

[Image: 080.png]
Bold@Assault Vest@Regenerator
Scald
Psyshock
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
252HP/252Def/4Sp.Atk

Slowbro completes my Fire, Water, Grass core giving me a solid defensive core. Slowbro is also a great physical wall which works great alongside the other two who are EV'ed more towards taking on special attackers. This means that Slowbro can wall many physical attackers that they would the other two would struggle with such as Terrakion, DD Dnite/ZardX or SD Garchomp. However this Slowbro is no slouch on the special side either due to the item he is holding. Assault Vest patches up Slowbro's biggest weakness, his special defence and allows him to take many hits such as Genesects Tbolt or Greninjas dark pulse and hit back hard. Unfortunately that means I cant run Slack Off but Regenerator provides me a way to recover my health and is the main reason I believe Slowbro is one of the best users of this new item. I run Scald for Stab and the burn chance. Psyshock for stab and gives Slowbro a bit of mixed attacking prowess. Ice Beam is for coverage and allows me to hit Dragons that may have set up. Fire Blast gives me a way to OHKO Scizor, Genesect and hits many steel types hard as well.

[Image: 227.png]
Impish@Rocky Helmet@ Sturdy
Taunt
Brave Bird
Defog
Roost
252HP/232Def/24Speed

Skarmory is my second physical wall helping greatly counter physical threats such as Garchomp and Dnite. However he does much more than that and is a very important Cog in my team. Why? Because he provides Defog support. This gives me a way to pretty much guarantee to get SR off my side of the field which is important. If they stay up it makes it harder for my walls to wall Pokémon and means my team gets worn down quicker. He is also my best answer against other Stall teams providing a relatively quick Taunt allowing him to beat many walls 1 v 1. Brave Bird provides a powerful stab and hit hard and Roost provides a reliable form of recovery. The 24 speed EV's make Skarm faster than most walls giving him a faster Taunt.

[Image: 641-s.png]
Hasty@Assault Vest@Regenerator
U-Turn
Air Slash
Knock Off
Focus Blast
124HP/132Sp.Atk/252Speed

Tornadus-T may seem like a weird option for a stall team but works great. Assault Vest allows Torn-T to tank special hits and hit back decently hard, with Regenerator providing a way to heal HP. However his main role in this team is to spam Knock Off getting rid of teams items such as Leftovers or Life Orb/Choice Band/Specs allowing me to either wear down the opponents team quicker without their Leftovers or weaken it Knocking off their offensive items. Torn-T also make a great late game cleaner with his great speed. U-Turn allows me to gain momentum or get out of their quickly and regain HP from Regenerator. Air Slash is for stab, Knock Off for the reason I spoke of above and Focus Blast gives me great coverage on Torn-T.

[Image: 700.png]
Calm@Leftovers@Pixilate
Wish
Heal bell
Hyper Voice
Protect
252HP/252Sp.Def/4Sp.Atk

Sylveon is my last member and one of the most important members in my team. Apart from being a great special wall Sylveon acts as my cleric, passing Wish's to heal member such as Heatran or MVenusar and provides Heal Bell support meaning my own team cant be worn down by status. Hyper Voice in conjunction with Pixilate provides me with a strong Stab and has the added benefit of hitting Sub Toxic Gliscor through Subs and Sableye for super effective damage allowing me to beat them 1 v 1 which is great since they both provide big threats to stall team. Protect means I can use the Wish, Protect combo to heal myself.
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
01-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Your team seems pretty solid by the looks of it, and if you managed to reach 2100 they must have worked well for you! ^^

One thing I noticed is that a high majority of Pokemon on your team play a defensive counter role. I do believe it is kind of strange to run assault vest tornadus t since the knock off role could be pulled of with a better pokemon such as crawdaunt, krookodile, and mandibuzz. You also happen to have 3 pokemon all with a shared weakness of electric type attacks. I think your team could be stronger overall if you replaced one of your assault vest users for a pokemon that can set-up rather than rely on a 1.5x spdef boost, since it makes you extremely vulnerable to status inflictors and Pokemon that can set up for a sweep or wall.

Overall, I still think your team is pretty solid by the looks of it, and if you were successful with it, then it probably worked well with it you regardless of what you came against. Wink

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
ninJAS
The Phoenix of Bariura Rises!

PokéDollars: ₪445.11
Registered
01-19-2014, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014, 11:58 PM by ninJAS.)
As Bloom has already mentioned your team does have some issues against Electric types. I know that M Venu can take them for days thanks to it's solid bulk and natural resistance and even then both Heatran and Sylveon can take a hit or two just because of their great special bulk so I suppose it could be worked around. Something else I do notice however if the Rock weakness you also have. Now it isn't all that noticeable really since only one Pokemon is weak to it (Tornadus) but you have no resist whatsoever and the Pokemon you do have that could take a hit won't enjoy repeated ones.

Aside from that I don't see a lot of issues with the team as a whole BUT there is one threat that you seriously need to watch out for....M Pinsir. It is by far one of the most threatening Megas currently and a lot of teams aren't prepared for it at all. The only thing you have on your team that stops it is Skarmory and if it is at low enough health or is already KO'd then M Pinsir OHKO's everything on your team other than Slowbro (which is 2HKO'd meaning it can't switch into it) after Stealth Rocks without even needing any boosts. So if you see it on your opponents team then you absolutely MUST keep Skarmory alive until it is dealt with.

Really though I can't see a lot of issues with your team as a whole but I do feel like Tornadus is a bit out of place but I can understand your reasoning behind using it the way you are. Also, I am glad to see someone else that enjoys running defogger over hazards on Skarmory ^^ it is a wonderfully bulky user of the move and just makes it an even better Pokemon than it already was so kudos to you for using it.

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

[Image: OzMV8j1.png]

Thanks to Bloom for my Avatar, Signature, and Profile Background ^^
Cujo
Junior Trainer

Registered
01-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys. I do agree my team has a Electric weakness but most things that carry electric moves for coverage are usually beaten by a combination of MSaur, Slyveon and Heatran. As for Torn-T, I admit he is a bit of a weird but he just seems to work and I haven't a better replacement for him as of yet. Assault Vest Hydreigon would of been perfect if it learned Knock Off and I tried Defensive Krookodile but it just didn't last long enough. Ill keep testing replacements so until then if you have any suggestions please say so.
ninJAS

Registered
01-21-2014, 07:10 AM
In all honesty I've used Defenive Krookodile for a bit now and it has to have the right support in order to be effective. RestTalk Gyarados is an AMAZING partner for it and when combined with M Venusaur there is not much that can get through the 3 of them. Gyarados would stop Scizor as well which does a lot to over half of your team but I feel like that would be changing your team too much :/

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

Cujo
Junior Trainer

Registered
01-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Yeah that's a lot of changing, especially since Torn-T isn't performing bad at all.
ninJAS

Registered
01-22-2014, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 08:49 AM by ninJAS.)
Another option for a Knock Off user would be Mandibuzz. It is a great Pokemon this Gen and gets STAB from it making it even more effective. It would also help your team out quite a bit with Mixed Aegislash which is pretty threatening to this team overall and nothing outside of Sylveon or Heatran wants to come in on a Shadow Ball...even then they won't appreciate the Iron Head/Flash Cannon or Sacred Sword respectively that follows or even Shadow Sneak if they are at low enough HP.

Since you have Defog already on Skarmory then you can use both Foul Play and Knock Off on the same set along with Roost and Taunt/Whirlwind/U-turn to give you a very nice support Mon to hinder your opponent and threaten some set up sweepers as well.

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

Cujo
Junior Trainer

Registered
01-23-2014, 01:04 AM
I've used Mandi extensively this gen and I have to say she is good. She seems like she could work well on this team as well. I could even run Whirlwind and put Synthesis over Roar on MSaur. Unfortunately she is still weak to TBolt and by doing this I do lose a key fighting resist. But she's defiantly worth testing for a while.
Leaf
What?

Registered
01-23-2014, 10:34 AM
I have to ask, what do you do when you go up against a Klefki? I assume you use Heatran, but I'm not sure.
ninJAS

Registered
01-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Really both Heatran and Slowbro can check Klefki with their Fire Attacks and neither will take a lot of damage from Foul Play. If it is the incredibly stupid set that requires no skill to use Swagger/Twave/Foul Play/Substitute set then it really is just a matter of luck whether or not he will be able to get a solid amount of damage off or not.

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 911 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Trick Room [Gen VI OU] Yunan 3 1,445 12-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Last Post by Yunan
  BW: ☁Gen 5 Doubles: Trick Rain☁ Bloom 2 845 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Last Post by Bloom