Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU]
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU]
Cujo
Junior Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
01-23-2014, 10:36 PM
(01-23-2014, 10:34 AM)Leaf Wrote: I have to ask, what do you do when you go up against a Klefki? I assume you use Heatran, but I'm not sure.

Klefiki is annoying but I'm pretty sure every team finds it annoying. As far as this one goes Venu can Roar it out, Skarm Taunt and has Defog for duel screens and Heatran and Slowbro damage it with super effective fire attacks.
Rainbow Thrash
Trainer of Hope

Registered
01-30-2014, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 09:21 PM by Rainbow Thrash.)
Alright, since I know it's been awhile since anybody brought this up I just wanted to talk about some small things I've realized on this team for whenever you get on in the future. I feel like I may have played this team before but that's something that I don't even know. Moving on, let's get to pointing out the contradictions and my suggestions for this team (I sound like I'm from phoenix wright ._______.)

Although like you said, Stealth Rocks can be a key part of a strategy for anyone, and that's why most people use it. However, you pointed out the fact that people use Defog a lot in the current meta, which even you do yourself. However, you're making it harder to operate your team with Defog on Skarmory, so I'd suggest either replacing Stealth Rocks on Heatran with the move Earth Power to counter other Heatrans, or leading Skarmory whenever you see a setter such as Tyranitar as you do have Taunt, and then replace defog with spikes to give you an even easier time at that. I've seen this work with many pokemon, even a Mew set I use which handles any of those suckers easily. Plus, your team can come out, and usually finish them off either way (aka tornadus-t/heatran pick off a majority of setters alone).

If you do happen to run this, I'd suggest using Earthquake or Toxic to cover any patches on the team that could open you up for advantages to the other side on M-Saur. Earthquake is for obvious reasons which you pointed out yourself, AKA taking care of threats like M-Mawile and Genesect. Lastly, I'd suggest running 188 Sp. Def and 64 Def. (or whatever the capping point is) to cover up the fact that you can't take much of those hits too easily. If you feel that this isn't helping you much, I'd run Synthesis to recover your damage over Sleep Powder. But these are my opinions, feel free to run whatever you like.
Cujo
Junior Trainer

Registered
02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
You probably have seen a team like this or at least very simular. Stall in this gen doesn't exactly vary that much and usually consist of the same group of Pokémon. Also one of my friends told me to try out this team, I then made adjustments to EV's, move sets and swapped a few Pokémon around to better suit myself.

Anyway Stealth Rock is very important and I don't believe the positives outweigh the negatives of replacing it. With SR up I can effectively chip away at Pokémon like Genesect who love to come in a steal momentum from me. It also damages a lot of Pokémon who can destroy stall such as Kyube (One of the best Pokémon to use against stall) and ZardY for example. Lastly without SR of my own it makes it nearly impossible to beat other stall teams as I cant get any switch damage while they can meaning I will get worn down quicker than them, especially if I were to get rid of Defog.

As for your suggestions on MSaur, ill defiantly test out the EV's and I was actually just testing Synthesis over Sleep Powder. Anyway thanks very much for your suggestions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 911 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Trick Room [Gen VI OU] Yunan 3 1,445 12-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Last Post by Yunan
  BW: ☁Gen 5 Doubles: Trick Rain☁ Bloom 2 846 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Last Post by Bloom
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 444 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra