Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~
Porygon
Ultimate Potato

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-24-2014, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:03 PM by Hana Song.)
So this is my doubles team.
This is my first team I have built for use in competitive battles, so go easy on me. > . <

I am mostly having trouble deciding on good items to use because I am not too sure who will benefit from what the most. Confused
I was thinking about changing this to a rain/Electric Terrain team, but I figured I should do something relatively simple-ish for my first team.

I also forgot to mention, this team is also for Wifi battles not for simulators.

[Image: 707.png]
Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam

[Image: 310.png]
Manectric @ Manectrite
Ability: Lightning Rod -> Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SPa / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Electric Terrain
- Volt Switch

[Image: 376.png]
Metagross @ Occa Berry?
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

[Image: 468.png]
Togekiss @ ??
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Cutter
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

[Image: 373.png]
Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Slide
- Protect

[Image: 350.png]
Milotic @ Leftovers?
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

Love,
      Porygon ~ <3

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
02-24-2014, 07:06 PM
To be honest, I feel like this team would actually work better as a competitive singles team than a doubles team.

First off, entry hazards are not important in double battles. Double battles consist of various pokemon, many with levitate or secondary flying typing. IE: Thundurus, Cresselia, Charizard etc.

I understand that klefki's main purpose is to set up dual screens, its just that almost every single doubles set runs more than half a team of pokemon that know protect, an essential stalling move, and fake out could essentially prevent klefki from setting up, as it is known to be a notorious prankster user.

I'm not generally familiar with mega manectric, but based on its reputation in singles, all I can recommend is that you BEWARE of EARTHQUAKES. Earthquake is an extremely common move used in doubles as it can hit every single pokemon on the field minus levitate and secondary flying types.

Metagross looks pretty solid on your team, perhaps give it a lum berry and have a partner with swagger to give the guy a deadly attack boost. Metagross can also use power up punch, so that could be another possible move combo to get a triple attack bonus.

Togekiss is trying to play a role its not really designed for. I highly would recommend replacing it with a contending support pokemon like cresselia or whimsicott, but the option is up to you.

Salamence, while having access to intimidate, isn't very bulky. In the doubles metagame, pokemon can team up and KO salamence in a heart beat with a simple two move combo. Landorus-Therian alone can play this role better than salamence. I would still suggest using a bulkier sweeper for your team, or at least using a moxie salamence if you plan on doing a sweep with it. Remember, Salamence only has around 100base speed, so common threats like greninja, talonflame, gengar, and latios could easily outspeed him and ruin your strategy.

Finally, I'm not really keen about the use of milotic in double battles as it is better in singles, but if you plan on using marvel scale, it is best to provide milotic with a flame orb as it receives a 50% def boost when burned, and it doesn't have its special attack dropped. Combine this with recover and it should be extremely bulky. Rather than use dragon pulse though, just incase you face another bulky water type like jellicent, kabutops, or suicune, use toxic instead and stall your opponent to death with recover and marvel scale's buff.

Sorry for the overkill, but if you would like more help, I'd love to help test out team ideas with you on showdown and then provide pokemon for you in game if you would like as well. ^^

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Porygon
Ultimate Potato

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
I'll look into some changes and report what I have done. ^ - ^
Thanks for the help. Smile

Love,
      Porygon ~ <3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post