Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
alternate typed pokemon
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

alternate typed pokemon
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
11-23-2014, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 10:05 AM by medicham.)
Pokemon typing can be changed through genes. ditto and mew change into different pokemon and different types and are able to use all the pokemon moves. what is to stop someone from creating alternate typed pokemon through genetic manipulation? genetic manipulation may not be the only way, as some pokemon probably do not even have genes, like ghost pokemon. but changing type means changing their elemental make up or abilities. a pokemon could be conditioned in some way to use another element, especially if they lack a body and need accrue matter to manifest themselves in our world in the first place. like gastly could learn to manipulate fire, until the ability becomes embedded into its inner mind to always do so. a lot of pokemon have abilities that manipulate different elements anyway.

genes could also explain pokemon weaknesses that don't always make sense. genes essentially control the composition of the pokemon, but they may also control its abilities, strengths and weaknesses. weaknesses could be coded into pokemon, by nature or by intentional genetic manipulation.

[Image: Charmander10POPSeries5.jpg][Image: 180px-MankeyEXHolonPhantoms70.jpg][Image: 180px-LickitungEXDragonFrontiers19.jpg]
i have these cards irl

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
11-24-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm assuming you had a point to all that, but I didn't see it.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
11-24-2014, 08:34 PM
just brain storming i suppose.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-01-2015, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015, 09:29 PM by medicham.)
as lame as one might see it, Pokemon do learn moves despite their typing that still make sense. for instance special training and going outside of the moves of the game, like with the cards. i think the next time i do a Pokemon RP(G) it will exclude typing effectiveness except in special cases (like water putting out fire on a Charmander. of course it can go the other way around, but i did say special cases.)

pokemon like as shown in the anime may have special abilities that others of the species don't like the cards above. a charmander already has pyrokinesis, why not something else too?

Porygon
Ultimate Potato

Registered
08-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Apparently in Pokemon lore it states that Pokemon used to be referred to as 'magical creatures' ( the Arceus movie is where I noticed this, I think). This got me thinking that Pokemon moves can be considered as spells in a way, that's why they are set and not every Pokemon has it's own individual moves, because they can only learn spells that pre-exist.
That would make types more of a magical 'affinity'(separate to being genes, but also may be effected by), which would mean that Pokemon would have a certain magical tolerance (why they don't instantly die when they get a fire blast to the face, probably), and weaknesses would just be less tolerance to different affinity magics.

Nothing I've written is rather profound, it's just a slightly different view of looking at the Pokemon universe, and is how I make sense of it.

But also by extension it would be safe to assume that there would be a way of shifting Pokemon affinities, effectively giving them a different type. Going with the magic theme, with some form of ritual or something of the sort.

Anyway, that's what I think. ^ - ^

Love,
      Porygon ~ <3

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

Registered
08-02-2015, 01:54 AM
Hmm... Pokemon with different types... I don't believe that would be the case unless certain abilities or moves could be able to do so. The Pokemon in the cards shown above aren't this specific type, as the Charmander is still weak to water and the Mankey is still weak to psychic.

However, it could be possible when a Pokemon's genes have been mutated, and the genes that gave a Pokemon their type could become a gene of a different type. Take Genesect, for example. It was never a steel type to begin with. It had genes of maybe a rock type and a bug type. Team Plasma modified this Pokemon, and they could have modified its genes in the process, hence giving it a new type. Also, Mew (and Ditto) is an example. Mew has the DNA of every Pokemon, which includes their genes, correct? If it transforms into a certain Pokemon, its genetic makeup will change temporarily, as well as its type. Does this make any sense? This is just a theory, but there could be other possibilities.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-02-2015, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 09:08 PM by medicham.)
i think both of you are right, however i do think a few things should be said.

1. pokemon aren't brutalized in the anime because it is for kids, the manga shows otherwise and is a bit more gorey and violent, and even perverted.

2. ghost pokemon do not have genes.

3. i do not think typing is an actual mechanic is reality, but rather for gameplay, hence the fairy type, dark type, and normal type. (i didn't think of that before i made the alternate type chart and this thread)

4. i agree with "magic" (i prefer to break it down to a specific science, but that is already done below), training, gene manipulation, and special abilities being with ways to change ones weaknesses and abilities.

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

Registered
08-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Hmm, another thing to add is that there is a specific cell exclusive to only Pokemon which gives them their type. For example, Fire-type Pokemon have a certain cell that enable them to use fire type moves and expel them in a form of fire from an energy concentration area, like their mouths, arms, e.t.c. Pokemon can have various cell types enabling them to attack in different types. For example, Latios, although weak to Ice, has some ice type cells that are weaker than its Psychic and Dragon cells, but still allow it to expel a certain range of ice energy, allowing it to only be able to use Icy Wind and Ice Beam.

Makes sense, right?

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-02-2015, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015, 10:15 PM by medicham.)
i think so, but rather than a cell or series of cells, i would think organs make more sense to use particular attacks if specialized. however, seeing as there are cases in which pokemon can use moves they wouldn't ordinarily learn, this doesn't apply to all cases, but rather to same type specialized moves, like water attacks being used by an organ of a water type for example. i also still try to keep in mind that weaknesses, a lot of don't actually make sense and are designed for game play over science.

i think that was somewhat close though, as abilities to handle particular things can be encoded into DNA (nature versus nurture) just like talents and physical traits. however, even with that in mind, i still do not think all weaknesses from the game can be considered logical or canon. as far as using abilities without it having to be redundantly coded into each cell, as i trust nature wouldn't do, it would be rather more associated with the brain and an organ with the ability to manipulate energy and matter, even one's own body, in which talents and specific abilities vary, again with nature versus nurture and the DNA versus training, hence pokemon being able to use any move under certain circumstances, like mirror move, mimic, skill swap.

there is one more addition to this, ghost pokemon lack organs, cells, and dna. this would show that pokemon do not only rely on organs as the interface for their power, but that a vessel does not necessarily have to be organic as marked by modern science. gengar for example is not made of gas, but does have some type of form of energy as its body in which to interface its mind and abilities. that energy may not necessarily follow the pattern of all life in a more corporeal form, but it should share some similar physics none the less. this explains pokemon and their ability to manipulate energy overall, implying that in at least the pokemon universe that the mind is not made by the body, but both are sides of the same coin, hence the ability to manipulate energy like pokemon do, comes from this relationship. all bodies are made of energy, it happens that pokemon manipulate energy in both the way animals do, but also have extended this ability to more than motion of their vessel. it's a matter of inherited talent. it starts with manipulating your own body, then eventually applying that the body is made of energy, energy is all around, so by creating a relationship with energy, one is able to manipulate it in particular ways. easier said than done, but someone did it first and passed it that energy in the form of a gene that created all pokemon.

if i made it sound weird, think of it as energy wavelengths. sight is a result of absorption of energy at a particular wavelength of energy, the visible spectrum. the body is made of up all kinds of energy, and so to manipulate any energy one first gains control over their body, just like you move your arm, but on a cellular level if necessary. after all you manipulate your cells all the time, just not on as much of a complex level. after a lot of discipline and training you can begin to manipulate your body more and once master then you can extend that control outside of your vessel. due to the massive amount of energy and compensation this takes, humans lack this ability. and because this ability takes so much energy it won't be able to be helped but be passed on a genetic trait, thus pokemon. it is not really impossible for humans, it's just that they lack the huge amount of energy (in the form of cells, DNA, organs, matter, etc) to do so. fortunately energy can be compressed into about any form and size, and thus this ability can be coded into the cells, body, and DNA. it would take so much effort for this to happen to humans, as one would have to probably work as a race so that discipline is passed on and on, and continues to grow through thousands of generations. so considering how long things have existed, and people too, it may be possible that the gene to do these things and many more are still around. not to mention how compact matter is, and how much DNA is around and all that. However since this is about pokemon, pokemon have unlocked and activated this gene and ability long ago, to the point some even carry it on after death, ghost pokemon.

one thing i noticed i failed to explain is how the energy between the body and beyond would bond. i found an article on how the brain can be manipulated by electromagnetic fields, which makes sense due to its electrical nature. so if you strip someone of their body aside from their brain, are they the brain? no, but they are the user of the brain. so what is the "they" part. well a closer part of "they" is a field that manipulates the brain, hence free well and any control at all. pretty much implying that all things have an energy that controls the body, even if it is weak in most forms, unlike pokemon.
( 400+ point post Nice )

Porygon
Ultimate Potato

Registered
08-02-2015, 07:38 PM
@Gengar, that post made my glasses fog up it was that long, literally. xD

But I suppose if anything were to make sense on a scientific level it probably would be something along those lines.
Though, we could theorize all day though but it would be very difficult to completely rationalize something so far from what we understand with our science, because it's not relevant to our world.

Not to mention other scientific anomalies.
. Pokeballs
. Evolution
. Mega evolution!  

(Wrote massive paragraph on evolution but then forgot the point to it so deleted it)

Love,
      Porygon ~ <3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokemon Colors smoakdragon 3 145 03-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  If you could change anything about Pokémon, what would it be? Zueq 3 122 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Pokemon: I Choose You! Movie 2017 (Trailer) Zueq 9 279 03-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon
  talking pokemon medicham 12 858 03-04-2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post by NegativeVibe