Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
best ability for gengar?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

best ability for gengar?
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
06-09-2013, 05:47 AM
I read the first few posts. Why are you carrying on with this stupid idea, these kinds of teams are called gimmicks for a reason, even outside of Ubers. Just stop.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Giovanni
I'm a freakin boss!

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-10-2013, 05:48 PM
(06-09-2013, 05:47 AM)Shock Wrote: I read the first few posts. Why are you carrying on with this stupid idea, these kinds of teams are called gimmicks for a reason, even outside of Ubers. Just stop.

Yeah, skill swap is so gimmicky. This'll fail just like my Regigigas and Slaking skill swap teams. ;P

[Image: pokemon-giovanni-959046_zps664551c3.jpg]
Waking up like a boss!
Rhapsody
has anyone seen my sanity

PokéDollars: ₪79.9
Registered
06-10-2013, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 07:09 PM by Rhapsody.)
I would stop bashing at this point.

In reality, Skill Swap is good as a strategy as long as you don't have an entire team dedicated to it. Maybe one set of Pokemon that can make use of it. Too many things can go wrong otherwise.

[Image: tXYu56.png]
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
06-10-2013, 08:24 PM
(06-10-2013, 07:09 PM)Pyre Wrote: I would stop bashing at this point.

In reality, Skill Swap is good as a strategy as long as you don't have an entire team dedicated to it. Maybe one set of Pokemon that can make use of it. Too many things can go wrong otherwise.

yay for constructive criticism

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Giovanni
I'm a freakin boss!

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-10-2013, 09:43 PM

Am I bashing? Sorry if I was. I was just pointing out that although it is gimmicky, it can work.

But slight problem with this strategy. Are there actually any pokemon with Prankster and Skill swap? If not, that's kinda a deal breaker for me. Two turns to set up is just too risky.

[Image: pokemon-giovanni-959046_zps664551c3.jpg]
Waking up like a boss!
Rhapsody
has anyone seen my sanity

PokéDollars: ₪79.9
Registered
06-10-2013, 10:06 PM
(06-10-2013, 09:43 PM)Giovanni Wrote:

Am I bashing? Sorry if I was. I was just pointing out that although it is gimmicky, it can work.

But slight problem with this strategy. Are there actually any pokemon with Prankster and Skill swap? If not, that's kinda a deal breaker for me. Two turns to set up is just too risky.

I was referring to @Shock, actually.

[Image: tXYu56.png]
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
06-10-2013, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 03:09 AM by medicham.)
(06-10-2013, 09:43 PM)Giovanni Wrote:

Well the thing is, if you skill swap prankster with a fast Pokémon like Alakazam as I explained above, you will most likely be able to pass prankster to Gengar safely because of the priority + the speed from Alakazam not to mention thunder wave which pacifies almost anything that could get priority over Alakazam and Gengar. It is risky, but it could certainly work. With the focus sash on Alakazam it will be hard to 2HKO before skill swap is achieved. Plus the prankster ability can come from something awesome like Thundurus which could wreak its own havoc before skill swap is used or as it is used. I would have to use thunder wave only when appropriate so the set up is not disrupted (which is why i looked into speed stats with the choice scarf). I do not need the Pokémon with prankster to faint and since it is still possible for Alakazam to be 2HKO then it should probably be helpful if I could send in Thundurus/Murkrow again to paralyze opponents while Gengar sets up fast.

I did say before I could use thunder wave as I use skill swap, priority helps out a lot. After Alakazam has received prankster and Thundurus/Murkrow has paralyzed a Pokémon or attacked or something, Alakazam can now pass on prankster to Gengar or even paralyze another Pokémon if it has full HP. If not then that is okay, the goal is to get Gengar prankster while skill swap has priority. It will get to Gengar fast and Gengar will throw down a sub with priority. All of its other moves other than shadow ball will have +1 priority that supplements Gengar's speed and Gengar will get to work on building a wall. Alakazam may still paralyze Pokémon after passing on Prankster and if defeated then Murkrow/Thundurus may do the same. Otherwise Alakazam will attack and the Pokémon that come after it will have a separate strategy.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
06-11-2013, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 03:00 AM by Hana Song.)

You would. I would not.

That may be true, but here we are not talking about simply one or two Pokémon, with the number of threads from this member made on this subject, it seems obvious that he is attempting to follow a gimmick to some kind of 'success' that simply will not come. As I've said in another one of these threads, you're more likely to find success with something less gimmicky such as Trick Room. And to be honest, I'm getting tired of seeing threads being made in this section asking the same question about the same move and the same strategy.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gengar sweep? medicham 4 1,493 05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post by ninJAS