Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
dark side of destiny bond
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

dark side of destiny bond
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
12-09-2014, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014, 12:15 AM by medicham.)
destiny bond's original name is michizure, meaning fellow travelers (you already know where to), but without knowing that, it is a move used to take your opponent down with you. i was wondering for a while, "what is this senario called?" but then i remembered, shini can mean death. do, can mean way of, like in kendo. there may be another word, perhaps english, that captures this, but i came to one on my own. shinido, to mean, way of death.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Michizure

there's no wonder why this is a ghost type move, anything not a ghost, would certainly become one after using it.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
winters-1991
old school trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-13-2014, 08:10 AM
That is a very good theory! And i like the literal definition that you have come up with! Think it would make the game quite abit darker if it was the genuine name of the move "way of death" but your certainly right it could be nothing other than ghost type, although could possibly be a dark move as it's certainly a dark thing to do! Almost like a delayed self-destruct just alot more devastating!
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
12-13-2014, 06:22 PM
i think the english name, if being more grim, should be "Death bond", instead of destiny bond.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I could, I'd change Gothitelle's type to the Dark Type! Palamon 9 1,052 08-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Last Post by Aang