Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
endeavor abuser
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

endeavor abuser
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
05-05-2013, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 04:43 AM by medicham.)
i am thinking i will need a foresight user, weather control, and a pokemon with rapid spin. i wish they never took open level out of 4th gen and up. espeon with magic bounce seems like a nice addition. priorty move seem to pose quite the problem

i am wondering how to make this guy a fearless tiny titan. i don't need a whole team unless you are willing to put in the effort. but i just want to know what it will take to safely set this guy up if it is possible.
|
|
V
(Level 1)
[Image: 019.gif]
Rattata @ Shell Bell
nature: Any
Ability: Guts
EVs: None
IVs: 0/X/0/X/0/0
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Sucker Punch
-Protect

i have used a level 1 aron before and noticed how annoying ghost types and priority moves are as well as status problems and move locking is. i know for aron i would use tyranitar with sand stream on the team or carry a Pokemon with the move sand storm.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-06-2013, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 07:03 AM by Hana Song.)
FEAR Pokémon, huh. Yeah, I guess they can be pretty effective, but they're just a gimmick, and generally banned in tournaments and leagues and the such. Stopped cold by Ghost-types, Sucker Punch seems like a good enough move, but it really isn't. It can only hit if the opponent attacks, so by the time they realise that you're running that move, it's pretty much guaranteed that they can get around it - it's not a hard move to bypass at all.

If you really want to use something that can use Endeavour well, while still fitting in on a standard OU team, then a lead set of Focus Sash Mamoswine usually work pretty well. It's more of a one-time use Pokémon than any FEAR set, but it almost always manages to get entry hazards up and KO an opposing Pokémon. It's a set more seen as being used in Gen IV competitive battling, but still works fairly well.

[Image: 473.png]
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash | Thick Fat
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Stealth Rock | Endeavour | Ice Shard | Earthquake

While it seems more like a 'use once then sack' set, it can actually stay around pretty well. Jolly nature is interchangeable with Adamant, but if you're using it as a lead, then the added Speed given by Jolly is much preferred - Jolly Mamoswine outspeeds common Breloom, for example, while Adamant doesn't. Almost guaranteeing survival on the first turn, that means that Stealth Rock can be set up, or Endeavour used if the opponent outspeeds you.

Having a FEAR Pokémon such as Rattata or Aron can be a risk, but Mamoswine manages to do the same thing almost as well, and manages to both fit in and aid the other team members around it.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip