Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
talking pokemon
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

talking pokemon
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
08-09-2015, 06:08 PM
in my world, pokemon should be able to talk unless they are not raised not to or some other reason. what do you think? there isn't a canon explanation from what i got from my quick search.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪220.9
Moderators
08-09-2015, 07:11 PM
It would be an interesting experience for the statement to apply to the majority of the Pokemon we encounter, but so far I think it is canon (even if it only includes a few Pokemon). Remember Arceus from that movie? It's been a few years since I last viewed it but I am quite sure that telepathy was not the primary mode of communication for Arceus.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

Registered
08-10-2015, 02:59 AM
What do you mean that Pokemon can talk? Talk as in the 'human language'? I believe that Pokemon should have their own language so that they can communicate with each other without human interference. But if they could talk to their trainers, it could be so that a few Pokemon could using telepathy, such as legendary Pokemon or some psychic types. I feel that Pokemon and trainers have a connection with their hearts and can understand each other with a special bond.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-10-2015, 08:31 AM
as far as Pokemon communicating with each other. is there one language or many? if there isn't one language how do they communicate?

Pokemon understanding English or the like:

i think Pokemon in general have the capacity to understand and speak English or the like. intelligence varies among species of course. if they have never heard a language before, then it isn't expected for them to know it at first, but eventually i would think they catch along. if they have their own language then that further means they have the capacity to learn another, generally. i would imagine a lot of Pokemon are not exposed to English or Japanese due to the lack of human interaction.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
08-11-2015, 04:56 AM
But Pokemon that are exposed to trainers often, I believe do have the capacity to speak the tongue of their trainers. I mean, Pokemon have a higher brain capacity than humans (or so I believe)! However, I believe Pokemon prefer to stick to their own language, because it is their mother tongue.

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-11-2015, 08:30 AM
(08-11-2015, 04:56 AM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: But Pokemon that are exposed to trainers often, I believe do have the capacity to speak the tongue of their trainers. I mean, Pokemon have a higher brain capacity than humans (or so I believe)! However, I believe Pokemon prefer to stick to their own language, because it is their mother tongue.

about the pokemon language, are there different ones?

✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
08-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Off course there are! But I believe that all Pokemon can differentiate between each and understand each language as they are all 'the same' but with different...things... I'm really not sure. I don't believe every Pokemon speaks their own name ("Bulba Bulba!") including Charizard - they roar, growl and emit different noises, yet they can understand each other. For instance, an Omanyte can understand the Charizard roaring, or a Pikachu saying "Pika Pika" even though they have different 'languages'.

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-15-2015, 11:44 PM
(08-12-2015, 02:03 AM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: Off course there are! But I believe that all Pokemon can differentiate between each and understand each language as they are all 'the same' but with different...things... I'm really not sure. I don't believe every Pokemon speaks their own name ("Bulba Bulba!") including Charizard - they roar, growl and emit different noises, yet they can understand each other. For instance, an Omanyte can understand the Charizard roaring, or a Pikachu saying "Pika Pika" even though they have different 'languages'.

but how can they understand each other if they are not speaking one uniform language and not using telepathy or the like?

that would be like me trying to communicate in english to someone who doesn't speak english.

✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
08-16-2015, 04:24 AM
That's tricky! I'm really not sure now... maybe it's using some sort of Secret Pokemon Communication Power?

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-18-2015, 07:35 PM
i would like to think that it needs to be revised since it isn't established in canon. but for my purposes, pokemon can communicate as effectively in any language, as general humans do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokemon Colors smoakdragon 3 146 03-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  If you could change anything about Pokémon, what would it be? Zueq 3 126 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Pokemon: I Choose You! Movie 2017 (Trailer) Zueq 9 284 03-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon
  pokemon flora sky best lineup kyungsoo-ya 0 141 07-25-2016, 12:41 AM
Last Post by kyungsoo-ya