Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
talking pokemon
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

talking pokemon
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
08-19-2015, 12:10 AM
Yes! Yes. This is what I was going to say, yet I couldn't word it properly.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
08-22-2015, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 08:08 PM by medicham.)
i have another opinion in mind also, this one seems to be a bit stronger and the one i want to stick with. some pokemon shouldn't be able to speak the human language, due to a different vocal system, like insect pokemon. they may still understand it, and even have their own language, but i don't think all pokemon will communicate with a language, since some may live a more stereotypical animal like life. the reason for this being is that some pokemon are like humans, and some like animals we know today. so nature versus nurture again.

examples:

charizard: roaring

medicham: talking

abra: telepathy

nincada: buzzing

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
NegativeVibe
:D

PokéDollars: ₪8.36
Registered
03-04-2017, 01:24 AM
^ Seems somewhat similar to how the games work, with each Pokemon having their own cry. And in the anime they can definitely understand their trainers.

I really like the idea of Pokemon being able to speak the same language as humans. As much as I love the anime, Pokemon only being able to say their own names has always seemed a bit odd to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokemon Colors smoakdragon 3 144 03-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  If you could change anything about Pokémon, what would it be? Zueq 3 120 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Pokemon: I Choose You! Movie 2017 (Trailer) Zueq 9 277 03-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon
  pokemon flora sky best lineup kyungsoo-ya 0 139 07-25-2016, 12:41 AM
Last Post by kyungsoo-ya