Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
typing effectiveness outside of the box
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

typing effectiveness outside of the box
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
11-28-2014, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2014, 09:46 PM by medicham.)
[Image: JKhIUNV.png] http://www.dragonflycave.com/typechart.html you can make your own chart here. this chart is how i think typing should be, but remember training is the key to becoming stronger and overcoming weaknesses. type advantage is shown throughout the anime to not be the biggest factor in battle, and has been shown to be overcome.

notes:
  • water should not be weak to grass.
  • fairy should be completely neutral
  • flying should not be immune to ground
  • only poison and ghost should be immune to poison
  • rock, ground, and steel should resist poison (1/2) (any pokemon with any flesh, internal organs, can be poisoned, some easier than others)
  • ghost should not be immune to normal and fighting types. however, they are immune to most physical attacks

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Mathispell
Wobuffet!

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-01-2014, 08:06 PM
I just noticed that fighting type is almost op...

Got a shiny wobbufet. Before dancing in front of my 2ds, i will just say something:

I GOT IT !!!
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
12-01-2014, 08:08 PM
how's that?

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
12-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Hmm I understand your reasoning behind Electric being super effective against Steel since metal conducts electricity and all that but what reason is it super effective against Ghost if you don't mind me asking?

Your Fairy type is pretty OP as well since it has nothing that can deal super effective damage to it and it is super effective against two types.

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
12-04-2014, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 03:10 PM by medicham.)
(12-04-2014, 12:01 PM)ninJAS Wrote: Hmm I understand your reasoning behind Electric being super effective against Steel since metal conducts electricity and all that but what reason is it super effective against Ghost if you don't mind me asking?

Your Fairy type is pretty OP as well since it has nothing that can deal super effective damage to it and it is super effective against two types.

my reasoning behind electric being powerful against ghost is because ghost types are still effected by some forces, electricty, at least on the magnetic scale, will affect them, but the main reason is, most electric attacks come with some light as well

edit: look at ghost busters for an example of force / light / charge / energy being used on ghost

it isn't a perfect chart, but it's a rough idea of how i would imagine the typing chart to be

i was originally going to just make the fairy type completely neutral, and it should be that way imo. but the overall idea was that typing might not be so balanced as contrary to the games.

ninJAS

Veterans
12-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Ah I see. Hadn't thought of it that way so it does make a bit more sense now. Overall I do like the layout of your chart....never did understand how Fighting types were weak to Flying types so glad you got rid of that haha.

I like what you did with the Dragon and Dark types as well to make them a lot more balanced.

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
12-04-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014, 12:28 PM by medicham.)
i have a problem with some types, dragons aren't the same in every culture, like the western/European and the eastern/Asian dragons, dragonite has both of those forms, i wouldn't know where to begin establishing type effectiveness, so that's the best i can probably do.

i have to agree with you about fighting types.
i get why flying beats fighting, but only strategically, not quite physically, if you know what i mean.

and i was going to treat fairy as magic or something like that, but if so, i should change it back to neutral.

ninJAS

Veterans
12-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I could understand more with the Fighting VS Flying issue in the early Generations when the only Fighting types were grounded physical attackers (Primape, Machamp, Heracross, etc.) and when there weren't even all that many Fighting types attacks to make a difference. As the games progresses though and Fighting types and attacks became much more diverse and prominent (Blaziken, Infernape, Lucario, Keldeo, and Hawlucha come to mind) they should have edited some things around imo.

I had issues with Dragons being weak to Fairy since they announced they new typing since, as you mentioned, depending on what mythology you look at some dragons are actually immune to magic which the Fairy type was supposed to represent.

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
12-04-2014, 01:02 PM
(12-04-2014, 12:55 PM)ninJAS Wrote: I could understand more with the Fighting VS Flying issue in the early Generations when the only Fighting types were grounded physical attackers (Primape, Machamp, Heracross, etc.) and when there weren't even all that many Fighting types attacks to make a difference. As the games progresses though and Fighting types and attacks became much more diverse and prominent (Blaziken, Infernape, Lucario, Keldeo, and Hawlucha come to mind) they should have edited some things around imo.

I had issues with Dragons being weak to Fairy since they announced they new typing since, as you mentioned, depending on what mythology you look at some dragons are actually immune to magic which the Fairy type was supposed to represent.

i can't disagree with that at all. i suppose i can make fairy type neutral later on, i just don't want to make the chart from scratch again.

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
12-08-2014, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2014, 09:51 PM by medicham.)
i've updated the chart a bit more. i can explain any particular reason i've changed any type. i might have stated it already, but this chart will be contrary to the games and is intended to be that way. the purpose is to make the types be more logical, not just more balanced. however, for the sake of balance, it should be repeated that typing is not the center of battling, thus, does not cause total chaos to or weaken any pokemon. individuality can overcome any so called weaknesses

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokemon with Good Designs but Bad Stats/Movepool/Typing Kevin 7 1,762 11-25-2013, 03:42 AM
Last Post by Nammm3